Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-29-2022, 01:19 PM   #31
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

That's just gigantic. New level in 1:4 scale.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 01:31 PM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

20.5" tall. That base must be really short.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #33
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Totally getting this.

It’s priced higher than Iron Studios current 1/4 prices levels, but lower than their Falcon/Cap for obvious reasons. And you can’t compare this to Sideshows 1/4 pieces and their pricing.

But with its likeness, hair and leather it’s easily better value if it comes out close to this prototype.

I’m just wondering if everything black is leather except for that upper chest plate and boots?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:07 PM   #34
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Totally getting this.

It?s priced higher than Iron Studios current 1/4 prices levels, but lower than their Falcon/Cap for obvious reasons. And you can?t compare this to Sideshows 1/4 pieces and their pricing.

But with its likeness, hair and leather it?s easily better value if it comes out close to this prototype.
While complaining about pricing is one of my favorite hobbies, I agree that the rooted hair and genuine leather justify a higher price tag on this one.

I just have to decide if I want a piece with rooted hair. It adds a ton of realism, but I like to have my pieces out in the open, and I worry about maintaining rooted hair.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:09 PM   #35
nearmint
Phoenix

Also, I read in the JND threads what some collectors do with tiny combs and toothpicks to get their rooted hair to look just right, and I wonder if I have the patience for that.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #36
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

One without the light-up and rooted hair would be much cheaper. I wish i could get that. This type of slicked-back hair would look fine in sculpt.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #37
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks Phenomenal.

Queen Studios selected the Best Pose and Expression for Loki.

However, at this price AND you're attempting a movie portrait I'll need to see the production piece first. Too much of a gamble in my books.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:51 PM   #38
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Looks Phenomenal.

Queen Studios selected the Best Pose and Expression for Loki.

However, at this price AND you're attempting a movie portrait I'll need to see the production piece first. Too much of a gamble in my books.
I would agree, except that it will be long sold out by that point.

The recent transformation of a 2014 Gentle Giant Black Widow, using synthetic hair and and an attempt at more detailed, hyper-real paint apps for the portrait, all points to what can still be done with polystone.

The hair with these new Queens, I'm sure, is being glued in sections, not punched in strand by strand. That'll streamline that area. The paint apps, if they are investing the money in quality painters, as well as the supervisors that are overseeing production, are absolutely achievable.
Whether they will be or not, we won't know anytime soon.

I don't know that they intend to make the WW 1/4 look photo real (as far as skin texture, etc) at all, despite the switchout Gadot portrait. The first indication of how well they are achieving (natural skin) paint apps like this in production might be the Black Widow(s). Those are still nine months + away.

I wonder how hard it would be for them to get a 1/3 license- because this Loki, in all but scale, is a JND giant killer...at half the price, for only one step down in scale.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:25 PM   #39
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Man, I'm in trouble if they do certain characters...
Same, it'll be like throwing out most of a collection to bring in the next level stuff. I can't just slide this quality 1/4 in next to most statues.

Maybe it's time to do a corner for life-like movie statues in 1/4. I usually just like comic statues in 1/4, but this is getting insane.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:11 PM   #40
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I once heard the scepter referred to as Loki's pokey stick and that's all I can think of.

My favorite thing about Queen is they haven't touched a version of something I'm actually interested in, so my wallet is safe for now.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote