Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #5251
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

ok SSAlex, i need to know, when will the Darth Vader Legendary scale figure be going up for PO, please let us know
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:19 AM   #5252
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hello Alex!

Is there any chance that we can get a hint or clue as to when we can expect to see an Iron Man 1/4 scale statue?

I've been trying to be as patient as possible! Haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #5253
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Sideshow need to start listening to overseas collectors

Hi Alex,

I am writing regarding the duty and tax invoice I recently received from Fedex.

I believe that Sideshow are using the incorrect Harmonized Code 6810990080 and 6810990080 when shipping statue and busts to the UK. This code occurs a 20% duty and varies from country to country outside America. The HTS Code: 6810.99.0080 is described as
articles Of Cement, Of Concrete Or Of Artificial Stone, Others.

If Sideshow was to use the correct Harmonised Code 9703000000 described as an original Sculptures and Statuary we would only pay a 5% duty.

Sideshow list there pieces as limited edition or with edition sizes these are considered by many collectors as fine art statue pieces and not pieces of stones.

If we paid less duty we would buy more and this would be a win win situation for both.
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #5254
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Alex, that you are aware of does the edition size of a piece affect the price of a piece in any way at all?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #5255
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Hi Alex,

I believe that Sideshow are using the incorrect Harmonized Code 6810990080 and 6810990080 when shipping statue and busts to the UK. This code occurs a 20% duty and varies from country to country outside America. The HTS Code: 6810.99.0080 is described as

If Sideshow was to use the correct Harmonised Code 9703000000 described as an original Sculptures and Statuary we would only pay a 5% duty.

Sideshow list there pieces as limited edition or with edition sizes these are considered by many collectors as fine art statue pieces and not pieces of stones.

If we paid less duty we would buy more and this would be a win win situation for both.

Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #5256
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi Alex are there any plans for life size DC figures? Thank you for your time
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #5257
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

CONGRATS on that bad ass looking Death Trooper.. any word if the helmet will have the green LEDs as well?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #5258
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfoghorn View Post
Hello Alex,
Any word on thanos??

Thank you
Still being worked on. Hopefully it will be up for Pre-Order either by the end of the year OR within the first 4/5 months of 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
Hi Alex,

any update for the Darkseid buyers out there who are still waiting for the PF? Any estimated ship date or update about production? Thanks!
It's expected to ship between November 2016 - January 2017 right now and it's looking like it is indeed on track to ship sometime between those months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hey Alex!
Yesterday I was looking at my collection and thought about something.
I was going through my batman collection and suddenly I felt something was missing. I have pretty much all the life size busts from the dc line, but often i ask myself: "where is my damn Harley?!?!"
So, is there any plans for female busts?
I would love some wonder woman as well!
Thanks in advance
As of now, no plans for any female Life-Size Busts but that could always change in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrownGamer View Post
Hey Alex,

Any word on when the calendar in the account section is returning, I needs it...
Hoping it will be back up in the next couple of weeks. Our developers have been working hard at getting a better one in place but it's taking a little longer than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks Alex re: the question about the Vader PF chest piece. I'm curious to know because when the power source runs out, I'd like to be able to replace it. Also, I'll be packing my statue away for some time and don't want battery acid leaking onto the piece.
I have an answer for ya!

Chest Piece - CR1220 3V battery (1)
Belt piece - LR41 batteries (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
are there any characters from the MCU or Marvel Comics that you can eliminate for certain as not appearing on Sideshow's release roster?

More specifically, any X-MAN that doesn't have a shot in hell of being released?
I cannot eliminate any character really as all are potential contenders for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
Also next year (2017) is the anniversary year of the X (X-Men) ... without revealing too much is that on Sideshow's radar? Can we look forward to significantly more X-Men presence next year?
I know of a couple of X-Men in the pipeline and they should be up for Pre-Order sometime next year unless something occurs that causes them to be pushed back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will the 1/6 Lobo have a second headsculpt?
Only one head sculpt for the Lobo Sixth Scale Figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Hey Alex,

Any indication that a Shazam 1/4 might ever be made?

Same question for Sentry.

Thank you, have a great day!
Sorry even if there was a Shazam or Sentry coming I wouldn't be able to disclose that information. I can only be more broad with answers...ie: More DC is coming or more X-Men is coming, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscocisco1000 View Post
Hi Alex. Since Leo went up for p.o. in July and Mikey in Aug. Can we expect Don and then Raph to be up for p.o. in Sept. and Oct.? Thanks in advance
That's the hope for now! Could always change of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Alex,

what are the chances that we see an new version of the OT Han, Luke and Leia as Premium Formats?
We'll be revisiting the OT Star Wars universe in the future but as to what characters/collectibles those will be I cannot say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex, given what would seem to be the huge success of the new ninja turtles line (ex's selling out in a day) has then been any discussion of expanding the line with additional characters?
So far the line is just expected to be the turtles. Once all 4 are up for Pre-Order for awhile then it will be looked at again to see if they line will expand or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, any chance for a new 1/4 punisher soon?
I really don't know. I could guess and say that it is a possibility since the character is popular but given the last Punisher PF release was within the last couple of years or so it probably would be a while before another one was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hello Alex!!

Just wanted to thank you guys for the special email invites, and making it easier for the people who bought ex leo to obtain ex mikey early on.

Do you guys plan on continuing the special email invites for the next two turtles for us ex buyers? Please say its so? It was nice not having a heart attack before check out. lol! And I'm now very hopeful and excited to complete the rest of the ex set. Can't wait!! ��

Thanks!!!
More than likely the invite system for the Exclusive versions of the Turtles will be used for the other two that have yet to be released for Pre-Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vas'rod View Post
Hi Alex, hope this was never asked before...

In your FAQ questions you wrote:
"Q: Are more Star Wars Premium Format Figures and Statues in the works?
A: Yes, yes there are. Some from the upcoming Episode VII movie and others from the original and prequel trilogies."

You have excluded EU/Legends Statues, does that means that EU pieces are excluded from your plans?

Is it possible that you do a companion piece for Darth Malgus Premium Format?

Do you know Darth Revan ?
There are no plans to explore the EU/Legends universe...at least in the near future. Perhaps later on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy89 View Post
Hey do you think we will ever get a (Wesley snipes) blade premium format statue in the near future sideshow? That would be a day one sell out for sure

Thanks for your time
Marvel movie focused projects will be fewer in nature than comic based projects, so I really don't know if a Wesley Snipes Blade would ever come to fruition from Sideshow. I know most of our movie projects are for newer films and now ones from many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Hi Alex,

Does Sideshow have plans to make a LSF Predator 1 and 2(not the busts)? Thank you in advance!
A Legendary Scale or Life Size? I honestly don't know if we'll ever make a Predator Legendary or Life-Size Figure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Hello Alex

Is it possible to know what maximum % of framed prints is given through the pre-ordering week-end please ? (for those who get the specific mail).
20% of the ES ? more ?

Thank you.
I don't know the breakdown of framed vs unframed, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
What is a fair price for a Sideshow Lord Of Darkness 1:1 lifesize bust today?
I don't know but you can always check out ebays recently closed feature to see what recent sold ones are going for! Much luck on your sale or purchase. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Hi Alex,

Sorry if this has been asked already- any chance you'll do DKR Bane & Batman Returns PF's to go with Bale and Pfeiffer?

Thank you.
I really don't know if Bane or a Batman Return's Batman are possible for the future. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Howdy!

You have quite a few women/girls of Marvel lined up and they look absolutely fabulous. Is there any chance that we will see a new Spider-Woman (Jessica Drake) in her classic costume (none of that leather jacket PC version please ) . I missed out on the previous one, and I'd literally go nuts if Mr Harbottle would work his magic on this character. Pretty please?
This is another character that I really don't know if it's in the pipeline or now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
If this has been asked/answered before(here or elsewhere), I apologize, but I have a question regarding the Darth Maul PF.

Can you please shed some light on Maul's facial tattoos? It's discussed often, but I haven't read a definitive answer about whether the pattern is or should be symmetrical. You've clearly designed it asymmetrically (like it is commonly seen), and I wonder if this info comes straight from Iain McCaig, or if it's just Sideshow's design decision.

I think people expect an artificial pattern like this to be symmetrical, but I've always assumed it was designed to be asymmetrical to mimic human face's natural bilateral differences.

Thanks for any insight by the design team or McCaig!
Excellent question and I don't have the answer unfortunately. Since this is a design question in nature I'd suggest reaching out to David Igo here on the boards if you ever see him (he's usually answering/commenting in Sideshow threads outside of this one). He works directly in the design part of product development and would have the insight you seek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, is the finished version of bane still going to be at nycc?
That's the hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
ok SSAlex, i need to know, when will the Darth Vader Legendary scale figure be going up for PO, please let us know
I don't know when that project will be up for Pre-Order at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hello Alex!

Is there any chance that we can get a hint or clue as to when we can expect to see an Iron Man 1/4 scale statue?

I've been trying to be as patient as possible! Haha
I'm sorry but I don't know the expected Pre-Order time frames for future Iron Man pieces.

Quote:
Hi Alex,

This would be a better question to ask our Customer Service department please. When you have a chance please contact them at support@sideshow.com, through our live chat (available Monday - Friday from 8:30AM - 5PM Pacific Time) or phone at 805-214-2100 with your question. They are the best resource for shipping questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hey Alex, that you are aware of does the edition size of a piece affect the price of a piece in any way at all?
The Edition Size does not effect the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Hi Alex are there any plans for life size DC figures? Thank you for your time
I believe we are mainly focusing on Star Wars when it comes to Life-Size Figures at this time.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #5259
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
CONGRATS on that bad ass looking Death Trooper.. any word if the helmet will have the green LEDs as well?
No light-up features are expected for the Death Trooper Premium Format Figure.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #5260
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Hi Alex,

Even though they are classed as limited edition they are still mass produced.
The 5% is applied to original pieces of art.

IIRC Sideshow were instructed to change their Harmonised Code a few years ago.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote