Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #1
NotGwen
Justice League

Collector's Insurance

Hello all! As my collection has grown over the past few years, I've been looking into getting some collector's insurance should anything happen to my collection in the future. I wanted to post here and see if anyone has any collector's insurance themselves and could offer some recommendations into good companies to look into for this. Thanks!
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

https://collectinsure.com/?utm_campa...m_medium=email

This is who I use
I called them up and told him exactly what I have and I got emailed and mailed paperwork and it was good to go very easy to set up
I’ve never had to file a claim but since I have renters insurance as well renters insurance will only pay up to $250 for collectibles so I figured it was best to get this
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:00 PM   #3
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

This is who I use
I called them up and told him exactly what I have and I got emailed and mailed paperwork and it was good to go very easy to set up
I?ve never had to file a claim but since I have renters insurance as well renters insurance will only pay up to $250 for collectibles so I figured it was best to get this
Thank you, I will look into getting a quote from them! That's the issue I've run into in that renter's insurance doesn't really do much for me in terms of collectibles.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #4
stone eagle
Justice League

Most major brand insurance companies do set limits on things like collectables and electronics etc. But you can ask for an insurance rider and up the limit to whatever you collection is worth. It may be cheaper then specific "collector's insurance."
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

also sadly you will need to have some sort of proof of value. thats where my issues came in. even if you have an item and can prove it and something happens, you have to be able to show the value. I have been trying to find a place in my area to do some sort of appraisal for a couple years. nobody around here does collectibles of this nature. reached out to a couple places like bbts to see if I could pay them if I showed them a list of everything. they said they don't do that.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

The best thing you can do is get a policy and make a binder with pictures & value of everything and keep it current
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:40 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

This is who I use
I?ve never had to file a claim but since I have renters insurance as well renters insurance will only pay up to $250 for collectibles so I figured it was best to get this
This is who I use too. I?ve got a $30,000 policy which is woefully under my collections worth. I have filed 3 claims over the years for broken statues. Went to eBay to get values and they reimbursed for the average. My home insurance will cover a lot of my collection in a total loss and the collectible insurance will give $30,000 in a total loss.

I don?t have to provide any item list or values.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
NotGwen
Justice League

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions! I'm currently in the process of documenting my collection.