Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-16-2022, 07:32 PM   #71
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

That Diamond Gallery Wanda is pretty nice if you don't mind the smaller scale. i just wanted a 1/4 scale version.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 12:54 AM   #72
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Just received a message from SSC that this was delayed to Feb-May 2023. it was originally projected Dec '22-Jan '23.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:29 PM   #73
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well Popcultcha just received this in stock.

I just hope I’m happier with this one than I was with my last piece. If not, it’ll be the last 1/4 scale I get from them, after buying almost all their MCU pieces since their initial AOU pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:34 PM   #74
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Phoenixblazes, anxious to see your pics and thoughts on this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it looks good.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:46 PM   #75
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Phoenixblazes, anxious to see your pics and thoughts on this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it looks good.
Unfortunately I don’t have a decent camera. Heck my phone that I did use for photos (iPhoneX) has turned into a brick.

I’m currently using an iPhone 7 I think, and the camera on that sucks in comparison (but I kind of prefer it for other things because it still has the fingerprint sensor).

Had trouble using it to take photos of my damaged Falcon Cap statue.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #76
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately I don?t have a decent camera. Heck my phone that I did use for photos (iPhoneX) has turned into a brick.

I?m currently using an iPhone 7 I think, and the camera on that sucks in comparison (but I kind of prefer it for other things because it still has the fingerprint sensor).

Had trouble using it to take photos of my damaged Falcon Cap statue.
LOL you gotta get away from the fingerprint sensor! Face ID Unlock is where its at haha. Trust me when I switched from whatever last iphone I had with the finger sensor to no sensor it completely through me for a loop. But you get used to it quickly and it's much easier i think.

Anyways yes I would love to see pictures! I haven't seen any in person stuff for this or updates from Iron Studios. Thought it had been delayed. I do want this, but not at retail. Need free shipping and a Sideshow discount ha.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 06:18 PM   #77
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
LOL you gotta get away from the fingerprint sensor! Face ID Unlock is where its at haha. Trust me when I switched from whatever last iphone I had with the finger sensor to no sensor it completely through me for a loop. But you get used to it quickly and it's much easier i think.

Anyways yes I would love to see pictures! I haven't seen any in person stuff for this or updates from Iron Studios. Thought it had been delayed. I do want this, but not at retail. Need free shipping and a Sideshow discount ha.
I wish I could, but there’s no point in me waiting. Popcultcha never has material discounts higher than what I’m already receiving. Well now I get 18% (stacked discounts), but their sales top out at 20% with shipping free already.

And to order from Sideshow can cost me 50-100% more than local. So even with their high sales it’s rarely worth it, because of international shipping and customs.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:30 AM   #78
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well I’ve just unboxed it.

Overall it’s pretty good. And I’m much happier with it, than I was with the Falcon Cap. Though I do have some nitpicks… as always.

The pose on the prototype has always tilted slightly to her left, but on mine I’m thinking it’s tilting a tad more to its left. EDIT: I've compared the hand/finger position against the backdrop, and it's nearly identical to the prototype's positioning.

The face is okay, but nothing all that impressive, when compared to sculpts done by Queen.

The hair sculpt doesn’t have enough detail on it, as it looks all stuck together. They should’ve had sculpted more thin looking strands etc.

There are some slight seam gaps where the arms are attached to the body, but that might just be on mine.

The base stands out pretty well, due to the translucent resin. And it’ll look much better once I run an LED strip along the back of the base. The brown paint on the wood is okay, but the white paint on the wood looks truly terrible. But once I put it in the cabinet I probably won’t notice it much.

And there’s no edition size written on the base!!

I’ll try to take some photos on the weekend maybe.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:52 AM   #79
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And there's no edition size written on the base!!
Does Iron Studios even do edition sizes? Just looking at Sideshow's site, all the IS 1/4 statues I checked don't have an ES (just says "Limited Edition"), and I don't think their 1/10 pieces ever have (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:42 AM   #80
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Does Iron Studios even do edition sizes? Just looking at Sideshow's site, all the IS 1/4 statues I checked don't have an ES (just says "Limited Edition"), and I don't think their 1/10 pieces ever have (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
All their 1/4 scales have always had edition sizes on them, or at least the nearly two dozen that I have do; and while the bulk of their 1/10 scales don't, some of their larger diorama type pieces are also numbered.

Maybe it's a recent thing, but the last one I received, being the Captain America Sam Wilson, was numbered.