Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-14-2022, 07:23 PM   #2981
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think for their most expensive 1/3 statue to date, they know if they don't bring home the bacon with this guy in quality....their Predator/Alien lines will suffer & be dead in the water for future projects.

With all that's riding on this one, who would trust them again on the 1/3 City Hunter for this kind of money? I sure as hell won't. This should be their #1 proudest portfolio piece, to gloat about & redeem their reputation. I don't mind waiting an extra year postponement, if it means getting it closer to prototype quality.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #2982
SDguy

JFC skip the mixed media entirely if you can. At 1/3 scale (and a large one at that) they should have zero problem sculpting beautifully textured leather looking clothing
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #2983
qz33
Doctor Doom

They aren't going to turn in total garbage.
People are upset with Arnie because real life human facial likenesses/hair are notoriously difficult and major portion being mixed media makes the finish of the jacket paramount.

As far as Prime1 undertaking a risky business? NO way. The deposit is to cover their potential "loss". Make no mistake they can easily find enough boobs in the world to eventually buy the leftovers from cancelled orders no matter how badly this statue is perceived.

Reputation HAH! Prime 1 has came up short on plenty of statues and still running strong.
1/4 Jungle Hunter was universally agreed to have problems. Any left?

Recent dissatisfaction with their products initiated this very conversation. Anybody cancel this yet?

There's a sucker born every minute but Prime1 don't even need them because with statue collectors hope springs eternal. Out of all the horrible statues and quality the hobby has been subjected to has even ONE company given up the ghost due to any of them? Despite all the misgivings customers persist.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:45 PM   #2984
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I think for their most expensive 1/3 statue to date, they know if they don't bring home the bacon with this guy in quality....their Predator/Alien lines will suffer & be dead in the water for future projects.

With all that's riding on this one, who would trust them again on the 1/3 City Hunter for this kind of money? I sure as hell won't. This should be their #1 proudest portfolio piece, to gloat about & redeem their reputation. I don't mind waiting an extra year postponement, if it means getting it closer to prototype quality.
Agreed. And what else can they discuss about this piece until it's done? They did several updates while it was still in the prototype phase, but now it's time to figure out the logistics and move into production.

I imagine if they're not ashamed of the factory's work, they'll post a photo with several samples closer to release like they did with the Big Chap.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:07 AM   #2985
Dundee
Hydra

$400 for the jacket.

By the time 1/3 pred comes out the shorts will probably cost $1k. I hope everyone spams their inboxes about changing the shorts to sculpt and mention we are not going to pay 1k for 1/3 ripped shorts
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:52 PM   #2986
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Honestly, the loin cloth is the least of my concerns. If in the future it comes to needing to replace it, I can easily custom make my own to replace it. I'm not spending a dime more with Prime 1 to get a "Now with REAL leather for only $399" loin cloth. No thanks.

No statue is ever perfect and I always go into a purchase figuring I might need to fix something small, whether it be paint or small breakage, or adjust something to my liking.

Just make him 95% of the prototype with no QC decal/paint issues or shipping/packaging broken issues please and I'll be happy.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:48 PM   #2987
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Just make him 95% of the prototype with no QC decal/paint issues or shipping/packaging broken issues please and I'll be happy.
I don't think Prime 1 is capable of hitting 95% with a Predator. Lately it feels like we'll be lucky to get 80%.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:56 PM   #2988
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I don't think Prime 1 is capable of hitting 95% with a Predator. Lately it feels like we'll be lucky to get 80%.
You got the P2 City Hunter, don't you? I feel that's pretty much 95%. The only bit I did was add some gloss coat and make the second head display stand.

Honestly, scaling up to a larger size should make it easier to get the details right, in theory.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:55 PM   #2989
Dundee
Hydra

I thought the fugitive was their best quality, I'd rate that around 90%. CH 85 and JH 75-80. Anything below 85 would be considered a miss for this statue.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:55 AM   #2990
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

To be honest while I like my city hunter from p1 it is very far cry from the prototype. It isn't even 80 percent. The paint job IMO is not high end. Looks ok... And maybe some of you won't like this but IMO Neca 1/4 pred (JH) had a nicer and cleaner finish. And don't get me started about the mess they made with their Jungle hunter.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote