Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-01-2022, 10:34 PM   #681
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
No we don?t have numbers, the same way we didn?t have them with ?Everyone? who ordered knew about the seams.
Agree, we don't know that more people preordered.

Quote:
But we know from collecting in general Fomo causes more people to pre order then them waiting for it.
Data to show that "Fomo causes more people to pre order then them waiting for it"? Otherwise it's speculation. Maybe more people do preorder, I don't know.

Quote:
How many times have you seen, ?It?s Day one for me? ?
Speculation based on some forum members saying "day one for me". Not evidence that most people preorder. Tell me, of the 2500 or so Venom statues produced, how many are attributed to SF members exclaiming "day one for me"?

Quote:
Also if that was not the case SSC and every other company would just wait and sell items when in stock..skip pre orders, but we know that will never happen, Why? Because again most people will pre order.
The "why?" is simple - they get an interest-free loan of at least a partial payment, and they lock you into a purchase before hitting "go" at the factory. That just means that some people preorder statues. How many preorder vs buy at retail - I'm still waiting for the data on that.

Quote:
As far as cost..if you order directly from SS you pay taxes and shipping, so that has to come into play wether we like it or not. It may cost you less if you live closer, but we all don?t live next to SS..so again for me it?s $850 no matter how you want to calculate it, so it?s not a steal at that price.
The statue is "cheap" relative to other statues. Not "cheap" in and of itself.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:44 PM   #682
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Agree, we don't know that more people preordered

Data to show that "Fomo causes more people to pre order then them waiting for it"? Otherwise it's speculation. Maybe more people do preorder, I don't know.

Speculation based on some forum members saying "day one for me". Not evidence that most people preorder. Tell me, of the 2500 or so Venom statues produced, how many are attributed to SF members exclaiming "day one for me"?
So I get your argument here..I have no numbers to say I?m correct..which is true..but you have no numbers to refute my claims so your point is also invalid, and neither of us now the exact number of pre orders vs after they seen it..

But the Bottom line is someone here said ALL people who are buying this knew what they are getting and that is 100% false, because clearly we had people returning the item because of the horrible seams AFTER it was ordered, because they had no idea how pronounced they were.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:01 AM   #683
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The fact of the matter is, this piece was PRESENTED with no seams (other than on the neck) when the prototype was shown off. They created a very poorly lit video of the production piece (almost guaranteed on purpose) to help hide the seams. If you want to look past the false advertising and shady video tactics, then by all means, you do you. But, let's not pretend that Sideshow didn't know exactly what they were doing with this piece.

Now, I will give you this - people who order it now only have themselves to blame if they don't like the piece. But, for those who pre-ordered. Yeah, they have every right to be upset.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:09 PM   #684
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Almost $100 off.

https://seconds.sideshow.com/collect...ctibles-300796
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:10 PM   #685
pau123
Sailor Moon

Last pf was just head switchout, rest of body no seam. WOndered why they could't do it with this one?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:35 PM   #686
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Last pf was just head switchout, rest of body no seam. WOndered why they could't do it with this one?
I'm guessing it's the way the arms are positioned. It made the statue too "deep" or "wide," and it would be impractical to transport without having a humongous box. So they had to improvise to accommodate a more reasonable box size.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:31 AM   #687
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not bad if some one wants him..basically free shipping at that point. At least on my end.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:12 AM   #688
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I'm guessing it's the way the arms are positioned. It made the statue too "deep" or "wide," and it would be impractical to transport without having a humongous box. So they had to improvise to accommodate a more reasonable box size.

I think your "guess" is bang-on, & logically makes perfect sense, as the arms position is extreme (but wickedly cool!). I did expect Venom"s head to be "fused" minimizing those seams, leaving the tongue as a separate/removable piece.

Not the ideal, but after mucho reflection & vid inspection, I can't see or imagine these petty seams breaking this Venom dream,.........as a whole.

I presently happily live with the following;

- Sh!tty eyes on Thanos on Throne.
- Fused thighs & a short/fat board for Surfer
- "Wrong" suit for Astonishing Wolverine.
- Too loud tubes, making Freeze look like a cheap boob.
- Less than stellar teeth on Sabrtooth.
- Lack of paint/detail on Punisher's arms.
- Imaginary OCD "leans"
- & now outrageous/conspiracy "seams"????!!!!!!!

I can go on, and on, but you get the picture? All our collected sculpts have something that's "OFF", but yet we go on,..........every time.

As some of the sculpts mentioned above, which I dig, I feel this Venom's "good" far outweighs, and crushes any "bad" aspects regarding this sculpt. And when seen side by side with other statues, (including a 1/3 Predator!), he not only holds his own, but dominates & demands our attention.

Darren, I feel this is the "new/old" Sabretooth scenario playing out all over again, where the initial reaction to Sabes was grave, & now, it's wow! I'd advise to take another look, which can't hurt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:42 PM   #689
DevGuy
The Spirit

Yeah like you Divo I don't like the seams but love the statue, will try to see one IRL before deciding to buy or not.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:16 PM   #690
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This thing has 2500 pieces everyone that's on the fence about it will have more than enough time to figure out if it's for them and their collection.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote