Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #1
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quarter Arcades: 1/4 Scale collectible Arcade Cabinets by Numskull

Sideshow's latest newsletter listed an item that caught my eye - a replica coin "Change" machine from arcades, by Replicade. As an obsessive gamer and collector, I don't know how I missed the 1/6 scale 'Street Fighter II: Champion Edition' arcade cabinet, also by Replicade, when it was released a couple years ago.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=167337

After finding it sold out, I started searching for it (and others) in my preferred scale - 1/4. Lo and behold, another company, Numskull, is already on the job. Several released, and more to come.

https://numskull.com/quarter-arcades/

They've started in the early 80s, but I will be sending them some suggestions (which they accept on twitter, facebook, etc.), including a 'Street Fighter II'.

The typical gaming population would probably scoff at a unit for ~$160-180 that only plays one game, but these are replicas hitting that nostalgia button foremost. The fact it's a working machine, and the rising cost of statues, makes these look like at pretty sweet collectible bargain. I also like that it's not a one-off, so I can potentially recreate my own mini arcade line-up. I was going to start collecting arcade marquees, but at a similar cost for a complete working mini unit, versus a piece of acrylic, I think I'll opt for these.

Brief post explaining other different 'arcade' products available:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/...rcade_cabinets

EDIT: (December 10, 2023) Will update this first post as new cabinets are announced for both 1:4 Numskull machines, as well as the 1:6 New Wave Toys/Replicade machines.

Numskull "Quarter Arcades" line-up: (Namco, Taito, Konami, Atari, Data East[formerly])
Pac-Man
Pac-Man 40th Anniversary
Pac-Man 40th Anniversary (exclusive signed edition) [ES 256]
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaxian
Galaga
Dig Dug
Bubble Bobble
Polybius (USB hub, non-playable)
Space Invaders (coin edition)
Space Invaders (preorder-only stool edition)
Space Invaders (limited signed edition) [ES 78]
Space Invaders Part II (coin edition)
Space Invaders Part II (preorder-only stool edition)
Space Invaders Part II (limited signed edition) [ES 79]
TMNT (coin edition, limited time preorder bonus)
TMNT (stool edition, limited time preorder bonus)
TMNT (limited signed edition) [ES 350]
TMNT: Turtles in Time (coin edition, limited time preorder bonus)
TMNT: Turtles in Time (stool edition, limited time preorder bonus)
TMNT: Turtles in Time (limited signed edition) [ES 150]
PEPSI machine (USB hub)
7UP machine (USB hub)
Elevator Action
Zoo Keeper

Qix
BurgerTime
Pong
Bad Dudes vs DragonNinja
Lunar Lander
The Real Ghostbusters
RoboCop

Pirate Pete (pending artwork acquisition)
Track & Field (on hold, pending artwork approval)

New Wave Toys "Replicade" line-up: (Atari, Capcom, Digital Leisure[formerly Cinematronics], Gottlieb, Stern[formerly])
Centipede
Tempest
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
Change Machine Brown/Wood panel (USB hub)
Change Machine Blue/White (USB hub)
Q*bert
Q*bert (Warren Davis edition)
Missile Command
Missile Command (field-test edition)
Food Fight (exclusive)
Food Fight
Dragon's Lair (overhaul black edition)
Dragon's Lair (overhaul red edition)
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Space Ace
Space Ace (conversion kit edition)
Coca-cola classic machine (mini fridge)
New Coke machine (mini fridge)
Berzerk
Frenzy
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
TheBishop
Justice League

Yes these are very nostalgic and the coin machine / USB charger is very cool - would be a fun setup to create a diorama of an 80s mall arcade ….
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
Yes these are very nostalgic and the coin machine / USB charger is very cool - would be a fun setup to create a diorama of an 80s mall arcade ….
Yeah, even though I prefer to go with the 1/4 machines, that 1/6 Change machine would still fit in pretty well I think.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:18 AM   #4
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, even though I prefer to go with the 1/4 machines, that 1/6 Change machine would still fit in pretty well I think.
Yes, and you could put it on a black riser to help it blend in perhaps….
Old 08-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #5
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Wow cool to see some others interested in these, I've been collecting them for a while now but never bothered posting on here as I didn't think they'd be much interest. I have all the new wave toys 1:6 machines released so far centipede, SFII, Tempest, dragons lair, asteroids and the change machine (have also preordered 1942, 1943 and both versions of q-bert) and I have 4 of the numskull 1:4 machines pacman, Mrs pacman, dig dug and galaxian also waiting on the polybius charger they funded via kickstarter. Absolutely love them all as they are fully playable proper shrunk down versions of the original machines (qbert will even have a mini knocker fitted inside it like the original did)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:57 AM   #6
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Wow cool to see some others interested in these, I've been collecting them for a while now but never bothered posting on here as I didn't think they'd be much interest. I have all the new wave toys 1:6 machines released so far centipede, SFII, Tempest, dragons lair, asteroids and the change machine (have also preordered 1942, 1943 and both versions of q-bert) and I have 4 of the numskull 1:4 machines pacman, Mrs pacman, dig dug and galaxian also waiting on the polybius charger they funded via kickstarter. Absolutely love them all as they are fully playable proper shrunk down versions of the original machines (qbert will even have a mini knocker fitted inside it like the original did)
Wow well yes there are a lot of us who are suckers for nostalgia for sure! ( I realllly miss the 80s and EVERYTHING game related about it! ) I would love to see pics of your collection! I just think it would be really cool to create a diorama of an 80s mall arcade or something!
Old 08-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
That's awesome. Do you have a favorite (from both line-ups)?

I wish New Wave was making theirs in 1/4 as well, so they could easily complement each other. I really don't want to mix scales - I'm just such a fan of 1/4 scale, across the board.

I have Pac-man arriving today, and if I like it, I plan to pick up Polybius (such a cool addition!) and maybe Galaga. I REALLY need a 1/4 Street Fighter II and Robotron, but I read that Robotron is not in the near future for Numskull. Something to do with the Williams license, perhaps?

I believe Numskull is a UK company - maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be much awareness over here. I would've assumed an American or Japanese company would be leading the charge for this kind of product. Also, there are so many larger, cheaper knock-offs out there, maybe it's hard for this product to stand out. Hopefully things will take off soon. I hope they can do a deep line-up, into the late 80s and early 90s.

I emailed New Wave, and they don't have plans to do 1/4, but they might do a Street Fighter II variant in a couple years.

I'm a gamer first and foremost - I'd love talking gaming here!
Old 08-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #8
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
Wow well yes there are a lot of us who are suckers for nostalgia for sure! ( I realllly miss the 80s and EVERYTHING game related about it! ) I would love to see pics of your collection! I just think it would be really cool to create a diorama of an 80s mall arcade or something!
Cool yeah will get some pics up no problem
my room upstairs where I display my qs marvel busts is also where I have my gaming stuff everything from a fullsize digital pinball table to a driving sim rig to a fully loaded vewlix arcade cab, and yeah I'm the same love everything to do with the 80's just brings back so many happy memories.

Quote:
That's awesome. Do you have a favorite (from both line-ups)?

I wish New Wave was making theirs in 1/4 as well, so they could easily complement each other. I really don't want to mix scales - I'm just such a fan of 1/4 scale, across the board.

I have Pac-man arriving today, and if I like it, I plan to pick up Polybius (such a cool addition!) and maybe Galaga. I REALLY need a 1/4 Street Fighter II and Robotron, but I read that Robotron is not in the near future for Numskull. Something to do with the Williams license, perhaps?

I believe Numskull is a UK company - maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be much awareness over here. I would've assumed an American or Japanese company would be leading the charge for this kind of product. Also, there are so many larger, cheaper knock-offs out there, maybe it's hard for this product to stand out. Hopefully things will take off soon. I hope they can do a deep line-up, into the late 80s and early 90s.

I emailed New Wave, and they don't have plans to do 1/4, but they might do a Street Fighter II variant in a couple years.

I'm a gamer first and foremost - I'd love talking gaming here!
Very difficult choosing a favourite as I love them all but centipede and Tempest stand out for me.
The 1:4's are great but they take up alot of space if I could only keep one lot it'd be the 1:6ths.
NWT have talked about doing reissues of their older machines but they're struggling getting the manufacturing done on their planned cabs due to the worldwide component shortage and shipping problems so they'll be a good while off I'd imagine.
I did have the track and field from numskull preordered but its been cancelled due issues they were having with licensing, which I was gutted about because it was my most anticipated cab it is nice for a company in the uk producing these for once though saves alot on import fees and shipping.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:37 PM   #9
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Very difficult choosing a favourite as I love them all but centipede and Tempest stand out for me.
The 1:4's are great but they take up alot of space if I could only keep one lot it'd be the 1:6ths.
NWT have talked about doing reissues of their older machines but they're struggling getting the manufacturing done on their planned cabs due to the worldwide component shortage and shipping problems so they'll be a good while off I'd imagine.
I did have the track and field from numskull preordered but its been cancelled due issues they were having with licensing, which I was gutted about because it was my most anticipated cab it is nice for a company in the uk producing these for once though saves alot on import fees and shipping.
Are you sure about Track & Field? I thought it was just on hold?

I saw Numskull's teaser for releases for the next year or two, unfortunately not many I'd buy. Maybe TMNT.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:33 AM   #10
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Are you sure about Track & Field? I thought it was just on hold?

I saw Numskull's teaser for releases for the next year or two, unfortunately not many I'd buy. Maybe TMNT.
My preorder was effectively cancelled and this is from the email sent a good while ago

Quote:
We’re just emailing you to give you a quick update on your deposit for the Track & Field Quarter Arcade cabinet. We’re sorry to let you know but unfortunately due to reasons out of our control, the Track and Field Quarter Arcades cabinet will not be manufactured in the foreseeable future.
Something to do with the cabinet art rights being owned by a third party