Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-30-2022, 10:45 PM   #201
c00kies292
Frackin!

Hello all! I just unboxed mine a couple hours ago and it is an amazing piece. Lots of presence and so much to look over. I love it but, like some here, I also have the jaw seperating and causing chips on the black paint similar to Gem Mint’s. In addition there was polystone dust (felt like sand) smeared all over the body as well as some paint chips around the body. As much as it pains me to see this happen on such an amazing piece, I will unfortunately have to send it back. I will reach out to SpecFiction to see what my options are.
c00kies292 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #202
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I'm trying to send mine back for full refund, so that's my opinion on it lol. My tongue has a big drip like your tooth. What do companies do with major damaged pieces like this, anyone know?
Wasn't there a few in the past that all of a sudden came out with a variant paint scheme where maybe they fixed some of the damage and covered it up with the new paint?
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:18 AM   #203
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Thoughts on the damage?

Thoughts on the saliva?

I have to decide to

1) send back for a full refund
2) a partial refund of $200 to keep as is
3) $250 store credit
4) Send in to have it professionally repaired by the place I bought it from at their cost
Did you decide what to do? I got mine from statuedepot and was given option of

$200 partial refund or they will pay for repair, but i have to drive a total of 3hrs to have it done. I feel a 10% refund isn't gonna cover loss of value from the damage. I suppose i could demand a full refund upon returning it and if they refused, i could resort to a charge back on my CC. Not sure if anyone else has any feedback on the matter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Wasn't there a few in the past that all of a sudden came out with a variant paint scheme where maybe they fixed some of the damage and covered it up with the new paint?
Maybe, but that's pretty rare i would imagine
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #204
Jets
Frackin!

Quote:
All my other pics came in sideways, anyone know how to fix that?
Hi,

can you tell me that she is this venom here on your photo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220809_191651.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	154444  
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:15 AM   #205
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I'm leaning toward getting the repair.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #206
strife87
Spider-Ham

I sent an email to spec about options a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. Love the piece but want to see what can be done.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #207
qz33
Doctor Doom

Whether your Credit Card will help will depend a lot on when payment occurred and the CC's individual policy. POs are risky.

I never go for repairs or deal with broken statues. These things are too cheaply made to hold them in high regard.
"Repairs" are a misnomer anyway. Nothing this fragile can be "fixed" just the damage patched and obfuscated. A good job would require a complete repaint of the whole bust. Based on the location and the gum colored paint it should be able to be well hidden.

Polystone is obviously not a good material for this.

This is why Sideshow is such a treasure in this hobby. If something arrives broken a full refund including shipping is ALWAYS an option without hassle or persuasion. Yeah buyers would rather have a good piece but you can't beat that policy.

Quote:
Did you decide what to do? I got mine from statuedepot and was given option of

$200 partial refund or they will pay for repair, but i have to drive a total of 3hrs to have it done. I feel a 10% refund isn't gonna cover loss of value from the damage. I suppose i could demand a full refund upon returning it and if they refused, i could resort to a charge back on my CC. Not sure if anyone else has any feedback on the matter??

Maybe, but that's pretty rare i would imagine
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:14 PM   #208
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Hi,

can you tell me that she is this venom here on your photo?
I don?t understand your question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Whether your Credit Card will help will depend a lot on when payment occurred and the CC's individual policy. POs are risky.

I never go for repairs or deal with broken statues. These things are too cheaply made to hold them in high regard.
"Repairs" are a misnomer anyway. Nothing this fragile can be "fixed" just the damage patched and obfuscated. A good job would require a complete repaint of the whole bust. Based on the location and the gum colored paint it should be able to be well hidden.

Polystone is obviously not a good material for this.

This is why Sideshow is such a treasure in this hobby. If something arrives broken a full refund including shipping is ALWAYS an option without hassle or persuasion. Yeah buyers would rather have a good piece but you can't beat that policy.
You make some good points and I almost always go for a return and refund as well. I think I will ask for a return for refund and see what they say. Their terms and conditions don?t state anything about any 30 day return policy or anything. If they refuse, I will see if my CC will cover me on a chargeback since I would have evidence they refused return. My main concern is still that these cracks could get worse over time. If I have no choice and have to take something, I guess I would opt for the $200 partial.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:26 PM   #209
qz33
Doctor Doom

It may just be an inherent design flaw where as the jaw's leverage overloads the polystone's breaking point and is destined to occur to most pieces over time.

If you tried to sell it down the road you'd (morally at least) have to disclose the repair. I don't mess with repaired stuff especially for 1K+.

I'm not rich enough to just trash 2K so I'd do my best to get my money.

Key for me is not getting attached to this stuff especially when something just arrives and the FOMO. There will always be more statues tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm on the waitlist at SS. If it converts and I don't want it I'll hit you up to see if you care.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #210
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There will always be more statues tomorrow.
This is the mantra when collecting statues and realizing your new piece has a systemic defect. As disappointing as it is, it's better to send it back for a refund and wait for a better piece to hit the market.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote