Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-11-2021, 10:48 AM   #11
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Bah kills me every time I see Cap Marvel title I know its not the Mar-Vell family being made. Oh well.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

yeah, her book has been restarted quite a bit. I have to say that I have been enjoying her most recent run the most out of any of her titles over the past few years.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #13
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
she is?
Yes she is, she is in a lot of the games. This is one I was waiting for and also Black Cat from the new Spider-man game.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #14
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Roth View Post
Wonder Woman comics sell FAR better than Captain Marvel. It's not even comparable. Wonder Woman at issue #70 literally sold just as well as Captain Marvel at #2, the year her movie released, no less. She's also far more recognizable and popular in general than Captain Marvel.

Regardless, I'm talking about Carol's entire history as Captain Marvel, not just presently. Her sales are awful, consistently. They've restarted her book like 6 times in the past 10 years because of her unsustainable sales drop off after the first few issues of each of her runs.
OK well they're not making Wonder Woman so I'm not sure why this is in the thread?
Old 11-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #15
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Bah kills me every time I see Cap Marvel title I know its not the Mar-Vell family being made. Oh well.
lol let it go! I know you would kill for a Phyla-Vell
Old 11-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #16
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Captain Marvel version of Carol Danvers has to be one of the most forced comic book characters ever. So much of her material was consistently panned and hated especially by longtime Ms Marvel fans, but Marvel just kept shoving her down everyones' throats.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Captain Marvel version of Carol Danvers has to be one of the most forced comic book characters ever. So much of her material was consistently panned and hated especially by longtime Ms Marvel fans, but Marvel just kept shoving her down everyones' throats.
pretty spot on assessment, i used to read a lot of marvel and thought it was weird when they started pushing her all of a sudden
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #18
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well she was in limbo for a while and just with appear here and there when Bendis first took over the avengers but I believe that’s one of his favorite characters which is why I believe she got such a push

I just always thought she was a character that I had so much untapped potential that was never tapped into. I thought that Kurt Busiek handled her very well when he wrote the avengers. And I do think that Kelly Thompson is doing a good job with her in her solo book but I’m sure it’s going to get canceled when she leaves and a new number one will hit
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:41 PM   #19
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
OK well they're not making Wonder Woman so I'm not sure why this is in the thread?
Only because she was brought up as a comparison in terms of popularity and comic sales. I disagreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Well she was in limbo for a while and just with appear here and there when Bendis first took over the avengers but I believe that’s one of his favorite characters which is why I believe she got such a push
It seems obvious to me that she was pushed so hard because Marvel needed a leading lady to compete with Wonder Woman. Unfortunately Carol was never a character on that caliber.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #20
Mister H
Gen 13

Not in the least bit interested in a "Captain Marvel" statue. A Ms. Marvel statue of Danvers with long hair and that black outfit would be pretty sweet. I missed out on the Bowen.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote