Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-29-2022, 02:17 AM   #71
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Btw guys, you can get a full and accurate ringwraith costume for less than this bust. You just need a mannequin for displaying it.
Even cheaper if you already own the Sword.

Wow... and I was tempted to order this.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:13 PM   #72
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't think there's much of an issue outside of the price. The ringwraiths are robes and gauntlets. That's it. That's what we want. There's not really any room to add more detail to them. The price, however, should reflect this - and almost $2,000 does not seem reasonable in the slightest.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:15 PM   #73
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Even cheaper if you already own the Sword.

Wow... and I was tempted to order this.
yep, I'm glad I kept my old UC swords for when I get that costume one day......hopefully
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:30 PM   #74
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
yep, I'm glad I kept my old UC swords for when I get that costume one day......hopefully
Love those swords. I have a few unlicensed ones, but I only have one from United Cutlery. That being the Anduril (Aragorn) replica (might be Narsil, I’m not sure). Unfortunately my local retailer doesn’t have the scabbard for sale, so it’s always seemed kind of incomplete.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #75
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Just got an email from Spec Fiction to pay shipping balance as these are scheduled to arrive at our California warehouse on or before 12-15-2022.

darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #76
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Got my bust and set it up today.

It?s very underwhelming. As many have mentioned here, you don?t get much for your money. But thats not the worst part. If a bust is badass then I don?t mind paying their asking price.

Pros:

The armor on the arms and shoulders are nicely made and painted.

Cons:

The Weathertop ?diorama? on the base is detailed and comes with about 20 little magnetic building pieces that key into the base. However, this is USELESS as they are COMPLETELY covered by the bust. The base is 22? diameter so be ready to put this somewhere stable.

Both arms on this bust have incredible detail all the way up to the shoulder bell. Really nice. Once all the robes have been added, 90 percent of the arms are covered. You really only see the hands. What a waste.

The robes are weathered and look just OK. Their level of detail is pretty good but once it?s all assembled you only see a small part. Why spend money on fabric and stuff you NEVER see?

This could have been done MUCH cheaper and the price would?ve been cut in half.

Really disappointing. I?ll be selling it on eBay.
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:02 PM   #77
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Got my bust and set it up today.

It?s very underwhelming. As many have mentioned here, you don?t get much for your money. But thats not the worst part. If a bust is badass then I don?t mind paying their asking price.

Pros:

The armor on the arms and shoulders are nicely made and painted.

Cons:

The Weathertop ?diorama? on the base is detailed and comes with about 20 little magnetic building pieces that key into the base. However, this is USELESS as they are COMPLETELY covered by the bust. The base is 22? diameter so be ready to put this somewhere stable.

Both arms on this bust have incredible detail all the way up to the shoulder bell. Really nice. Once all the robes have been added, 90 percent of the arms are covered. You really only see the hands. What a waste.

The robes are weathered and look just OK. Their level of detail is pretty good but once it?s all assembled you only see a small part. Why spend money on fabric and stuff you NEVER see?

This could have been done MUCH cheaper and the price would?ve been cut in half.

Really disappointing. I?ll be selling it on eBay.
Sorry you're disappointed - but surely most of those negative points were known from the start? I mean, literally nothing you've stated is a surprise. In fact, considering the arms and base are fully covered, I'm surprised how detailed they are - I would have expected those parts to be just plain - with Infinity assuming we'd never see it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:52 PM   #78
qz33
Rescue

Robes look like they need styling but other than that this looks tops.
I get not feeling like it is worth the money but you do say everything is detailed even parts you don't see.

If they'd left that out this wouldn't be any cost any cheaper it would just be cheaper made.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:10 AM   #79
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Sorry you're disappointed - but surely most of those negative points were known from the start? I mean, literally nothing you've stated is a surprise. In fact, considering the arms and base are fully covered, I'm surprised how detailed they are - I would have expected those parts to be just plain - with Infinity assuming we'd never see it.
So you are basically saying he was dumb for ordering it then? Wow, another great Silas post. How many of these have you made so far for $300 Silas?

Anyway, it seems a shame this turned out so lackluster. I wanted to preorder it a few times myself, but it never got high enough on my list. The hidden parts don't bother me at all, but everything else is unimpressive. The sword and robes didn't look quite good enough to me and while all the other bits are a nice bonus, the robes, sword, and armor is what you are buying in the end.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:30 AM   #80
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
So you are basically saying he was dumb for ordering it then? Wow, another great Silas post. How many of these have you made so far for $300 Silas?

Anyway, it seems a shame this turned out so lackluster. I wanted to preorder it a few times myself, but it never got high enough on my list. The hidden parts don't bother me at all, but everything else is unimpressive. The sword and robes didn't look quite good enough to me and while all the other bits are a nice bonus, the robes, sword, and armor is what you are buying in the end.
Honestly for once I actually understand Silas' point. I was going to say pretty much the same thing, but decided against it. People change their minds all the time, and have regrets even when all information was made available when you made your original decision.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote