Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-13-2022, 01:31 AM   #461
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

How does something like this go from waitlist to back to preorder? Did somebody pre order the last one and then somebody cancelled one on the same day? Makes no sense
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 03:43 AM   #462
qz33
Doctor Doom

Who cares? It's all a game anyway. You like it buy it or take chances and wait.

Remember ES is just a stated max. They can make less and have internal stock restrictions on the website that they have to manually override.

Not like they would allow sales of an additional 200 pieces right after they submitted their final order to the factory. Or could be different tier levels for production. Say past 500 orders they had to order to at least do 600, things like that.

Lots of reasons why. Don't believe what you see in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
How does something like this go from waitlist to back to preorder? Did somebody pre order the last one and then somebody cancelled one on the same day? Makes no sense
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 04:34 AM   #463
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

People doing something as stupid as spending nearly one thousand dollars on a SECOND COPY of the same statue is why companies like PCS can get away with doing so many ridiculous things. It's insane someone can ask how they can charge six hundred for Cammy, and then turn around and mindlessly consume a second copy of the same statue for literally no reason
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #464
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
People doing something as stupid as spending nearly one thousand dollars on a SECOND COPY of the same statue is why companies like PCS can get away with doing so many ridiculous things. It's insane someone can ask how they can charge six hundred for Cammy, and then turn around and mindlessly consume a second copy of the same statue for literally no reason
Displaying the backside of a statue and this isn’t Cammy. Big difference when the sculpt is so much better than the Cammy.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #465
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Who cares? It's all a game anyway. You like it buy it or take chances and wait.

Remember ES is just a stated max. They can make less and have internal stock restrictions on the website that they have to manually override.

Not like they would allow sales of an additional 200 pieces right after they submitted their final order to the factory. Or could be different tier levels for production. Say past 500 orders they had to order to at least do 600, things like that.

Lots of reasons why. Don't believe what you see in this game.
I was just curious, I'm sure if Dejah turns out great they will sell all 750, so I just thought it was odd to go to waitlist and then back to pre order in the same day, I have her pre ordered, but am slightly concerned, as I keep seeing people posting on the PCS Facebook how disappointed they are with the painting on the PCS statues, both Rocky and JCVD, hopefully Dejah gets painted at a different factory
Old 09-13-2022, 10:35 AM   #466
nearmint
Phoenix

I suppose it's with the realm of the possible that they really did sell out of their allocation, and then hours later were allocated more by PCS.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #467
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think PCS has a special account through Sideshow they can control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I suppose it's with the realm of the possible that they really did sell out of their allocation, and then hours later were allocated more by PCS.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:43 AM   #468
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Ah yes, that's probably definitely what it was, I kinda forgot that BBTS was also selling this, so I guess sideshow started out with a certain amount
Old 09-14-2022, 06:08 AM   #469
ukshaun
Hercules

Seem's Purgatori was fast tracked, probably because of popularity.
Seeing as Dejah Thoris appears to be just as popular, maybe more popular? i wonder if Dejah will be fast tracked also?

Hot Toys are known to do similar all based on sales. Atleast that is how some/many collectors perceive it to be, as some Hot Toys figures take many years to ship.

While i am posting in/bumping this thread, why not add some photo's

LOADING: Image(s)

Sculptor Mark Newman with Dejah Thoris 1/3
The PCS stand at MONSTERPALOOZA 2022
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #470
Atlantisatdawn

:/