Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #11
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My question is do people who order from Sideshow have to wait longer on average than people who ordered direct from P1?
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:04 AM   #12
Shreiko
Frackin!

Yes, since everything ships from P1 this is the case. If you order directly it comes directly to you but if you get it from a distributor regardless of whether or not it's Sideshow it has to be filtered through that company's sorting process and then shipped to you. The time lag can span anywhere from 1-3 months. Most recently I ordered Red Death from P1 direct and had friends who purchased from SS receive theirs a little over a month later while a friend who ordered from spec is still waiting till this day for theirs.
Shreiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:09 PM   #13
Nysith
Frackin!

I would keep it with Prime . I PO?d my GL from them. The payment plan was going to be cheaper at 15 months . They only wanted $159 for the NRD. Shipping isn?t that much more over Sideshow. The thing is you never know 100% if SS will carry something from P1. They are non committal on the phone and it doesn?t hit their site for 4-5 weeks after it?s on P1?s site. Don?t beat yourself up about it.
Nysith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #14
Slickrick832
Fantastic Four

Very True

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
P1 CS is the absolute worse IMO.
Don't know if this happened to you. I have received a defective statue from them. Since it's under warranty for a replacement, they had the nerve to ask me to buy some acrylic paint and fix it myself. There excuse was if they ordered a replacement, there's might be a fitting issue. Obviously there's a possibility, but that's a easy work around.
Hands down Prime 1 studios has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life.
Slickrick832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:42 PM   #15
Slickrick832
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
My question is do people who order from Sideshow have to wait longer on average than people who ordered direct from P1?
Yes. Definitely order from Sideshow though if you can. Your going to have a massive migraine dealing Prime 1 customer service if something is wrong with your piece
Old 08-24-2022, 06:56 PM   #16
Slickrick832
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
For the record, I think Prime 1 makes the best licensed statues over all, but if we're talking customer service, their company is definitely the worst.

I pulled the trigger on Green Lantern and made the order on their website on July 19. I see Sideshow will be selling it soon and I feel far more comfortable purchasing from them (And the shipping will be cheaper). I contact P1 on the 20th asking to cancel and get a refund.

Their reply felt like such BS stating their systems can't issue a refund.

I reply stating their company should be able to do it since the transaction was 24 hours (if I missed the mark it couldn't have been by much.)

Same BS Reply abut their systems and but they put in bold font that my order was ALMOST 48 hours ago.

I'm writing this because I'm not sure if I'm taking things too seriously or maybe there is a clash of cultures here. However, I am in customer service. I try my absolute best to help my customers. If I interact with one that made several purchases in the past, I try to provide a courtesy. Also, I'm empathetic if I can't fully assist my customer.

Prime 1's Service showed NONE OF THAT. I also read horror stories stating if a customer had a broken statue, their reply basically says "Just glue it back together"

Here is my question:

Should I:

A. Cancel Green Lantern?

B. Cancel all my orders on the P1 Website? (This includes Godzilla and Mechagodzilla)

C. I am taking it too personally and should keep the order

Thanks.
Option B absolutely.
Those Horror stories are completely accurate.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:27 PM   #17
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Their (PRIME1's) attitude, arrogance, pricing, combined with their OBVIOUSLY deceptive marketing practices AND terrible "customer service", makes them the worst of ANY company I have dealt with in over 17 years of collecting (and I include Sadshow in that!)

Having said that, there are ways of minimising aggravation and risk by using intermediary retailers - that's what I did (following some very honest & kind advice from another member here) . . . cough - Matt/Python - cough

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #18
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Out of all the P1 statues i've purchased, only one of them actually fit together and it was the freaking minions statue that my wife wanted. Of the other two I received over the last year, Sauron has a magnetized piece that cannot hold its own weight whatsoever (get ready to slather that baby up with museum putty) and the Spinosaurus arrived with a base so unbelievably warped that it will not even key in.

When I reached out to P1 about the Spino, they responded with a link to a youtube video showing a man heating up a statue with a hairdryer and bending it to get it to key together....like wtff?...I just paid $1,300 for a statue and they want me to do what?? In the end, all they offered me was 10% back as in-store reward points lmao.

I'm done with P1 now. The problem isn't that some of their statues arrive with defects - that happens to every company, whether you're making statues, cars, or spaceships - the problem is their response and customer service. They'd rather take advantage of their customers than actually solve the problems. I placed one last order directly with them to use up all my reward points and then I'm finally done.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:06 PM   #19
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Honestly, I think the problem is wider than Prime 1. People are too ambitious, and want more for less, making it harder to disguise the realities of a whithering hobby/economy. In other words, P1 reflects the nature of collectors these days, who are still willing to put up with them, apparently.

I mean, Sideshow, for example, has been sending out returns as new product for a while now. They can absorb the heat unlike P1 and several other companies, combined.

I am just saying, don't expect P1 to get better overnight, if at all. Exercise a bit of will power and place your orders elsewhere. Re-evaluate your collection if it's P1-heavy. QC issues will bite you even if buying from another store. They'll eventually have their humble pie, will cancel some product, and maybe then they'll improve on all fronts.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 12:19 AM   #20
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
For the record, I think Prime 1 makes the best licensed statues over all, but if we're talking customer service, their company is definitely the worst.

I pulled the trigger on Green Lantern and made the order on their website on July 19. I see Sideshow will be selling it soon and I feel far more comfortable purchasing from them (And the shipping will be cheaper). I contact P1 on the 20th asking to cancel and get a refund.

Their reply felt like such BS stating their systems can't issue a refund.

I reply stating their company should be able to do it since the transaction was 24 hours (if I missed the mark it couldn't have been by much.)

Same BS Reply abut their systems and but they put in bold font that my order was ALMOST 48 hours ago.

I'm writing this because I'm not sure if I'm taking things too seriously or maybe there is a clash of cultures here. However, I am in customer service. I try my absolute best to help my customers. If I interact with one that made several purchases in the past, I try to provide a courtesy. Also, I'm empathetic if I can't fully assist my customer.

Prime 1's Service showed NONE OF THAT. I also read horror stories stating if a customer had a broken statue, their reply basically says "Just glue it back together"

Here is my question:

Should I:

A. Cancel Green Lantern?

B. Cancel all my orders on the P1 Website? (This includes Godzilla and Mechagodzilla)

C. I am taking it too personally and should keep the order

Thanks.

I they don?t normally do this but it?s a sign of the times. World economy is ---- and no one is buying this stuff like they use to. So when people cancel stuff it hurts them.

I would just keep the order and be careful how you order in the future.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote