Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-29-2022, 12:27 PM   #21
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
And the blood/turning knob gimmick didn't do anything for me. The GOT map sequence was much better.
Agreed, I liked the map theme better.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #22
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I agree but I am a little disappointed they just ran back the GOT theme. And the blood/turning knob gimmick didn't do anything for me. The GOT map sequence was much better.
Totally agree. And while the show is decent so far, I can't help but not feel the same as when I watched the first season of GOT for the first time. There hasn't really been any oh ---- moments, at least IMO.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:01 PM   #23
SDguy

Quote:
I agree but I am a little disappointed they just ran back the GOT theme. And the blood/turning knob gimmick didn't do anything for me. The GOT map sequence was much better.
Yeah, me too. When I started watching and heard it was the same theme, I had to double check and confirm I downloaded the correct show LOL.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:14 PM   #24
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
King Viserys mentioned his wife had died 6 months prior when getting re-married was brought up and his Brother Daemon was mention in the small council as having occupied Dragonstone for the last 6 months as well.
Aha, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, me too. When I started watching and heard it was the same theme, I had to double check and confirm I downloaded the correct show LOL.
Great iconic theme songs don't grow on trees you know That said, I do wonder what Ramin Djawadi would've come up with if asked to do something new, even if it had connections and similarities to the GOT theme.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:34 PM   #25
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I have zero problem with reusing the GoT theme - in fact I'm glad they did and I think it should be used in every GoT-related project, like the Star Wars, LOTR or Harry Potter theme. They're all so good and iconic. Helps branding.

But...definitely think the animation/direction/motif/whatever is poor. I might even say awful.

What the hell am I looking at? It looks like some sort of Blade 'Blood God', or Satanic worshipping ritual! lol Way too convoluted.

I read an article mentioning Valyria, foreshadowing, and sigils...but, how useful is that? By the time you come to grips with what you're seeing, the season will be over.

The genius of GoT opening was that it was always updated to reference locations in that specific episode - and being a map of a fictional world, aids you in getting your bearings so you could get a sense of where and how these characters were operating. (Of course, that backfired spectacularly on them in the final season with horrible plotting and 'fast-traveling' that made no sense.)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:56 PM   #26
Augen
Metal Men

It is the Targaryen line from Aegon to the shows setting. The blood flowing down.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #27
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It is the Targaryen line from Aegon to the shows setting. The blood flowing down.
Oh yeah, I know.

My point was that it is very, very poorly done. It's not helpful in the way GoT opening was - this is much more 'flashy', and disorienting.

A family tree could have been constructed much more clearly than what's on display, even if they still used the same mechanical visual style.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:50 PM   #28
Augen
Metal Men

Ah, my bad.

I guess when I'm steeped in this stuff I get the little references and nods.

My complaints are very minor as enjoying the show thus far.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:48 PM   #29
Davidian
Omega Flight

After the horrible S8 ending of GoT, I was going to swear it off if any of the spinoffs came to light. However, like some have mentioned, I gave the first episode a shot (with low expectations), and was pleasantly surprised, and even felt the excitement of when I watched the first episode of GoT. I'm really digging what I've seen so far, and hope the quality remains the same.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:44 AM   #30
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Ah, my bad.

I guess when I'm steeped in this stuff I get the little references and nods.

My complaints are very minor as enjoying the show thus far.
Hey, I agree. I mean, the opening is pretty much my only complaint thus far, so...