Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-23-2022, 01:19 AM   #61
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Looks like a similar pose to the P1 1/2 scale piece too.
They’re pretty much all based off of the same promotional photos from Justice League.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:12 AM   #62
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
I just watched the video.. dark..
Maybe in 3 or 4 videos time we will get to see how the piece looks?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:22 AM   #63
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Well....in...my....opinion...

This looks boring as dishwater. Platinum line my ass. I really hoped the platinum line meant something truly innovative. News flash, Prime1 was here year's ago.....

I'm fine with the museum poses, and plain bases.....more than fine. But, the regurgitation of same old, same old - is not fine! JND, I expected more.

Good thing the Queen Studio's WW Comic version is still available. And on the other plus side, I just saved myself a truck load of money.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:38 AM   #64
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Although I am super excited to see this and plan on getting it, I am curious to see and hear about the "Platinum" features of this statue (other than the increased use of silicone compared to prior statues).

I also hope that Soyoung Lee is the main artist since I loved her previous work and that JND has a license to sell in the United States.
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:47 AM   #65
Augen
Metal Men

I think the pose is nice, beyond that cannot comment.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #66
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think no doubt this is gonna be amazing, just like previous JND statues.
But I think this is not gonna look any different than previous ones except for more silicone.
So the whole Platinum thing is definitely just a marketing ploy to figure out how to charge more for more silicone material.

If you look around, you can still find "The Batman". So although they can say it sold out in a couple of hours in their website, it really didnt cause its still available in other retailers.
Part of reason for that is the rising increase in price in every single release. If I recall, WW84 was under $2k.
If they would have kept their price point consistent, I think it would be easier for some collectors to pick and choose select JND pieces in their collection.
But with the rising increase in every statue, its getting harder for collectors to keep justifying getting a JND piece.
I wish they would have at least maybe kept their pricing consistent. Even at $2k, their price was already subject to scrutiny.

I'll be honest, I'm still trying to justify pre-ordering JND The Batman. It'll be $3k with shipping, and with so many other options available now.
With Prime 1, Queens, Sideshow, INart, Hot toys, etc, at a lower price point,
there are days where I think of just eating up the deposit and get something else.
This Wonder Woman is really just another statue in their line, but its probably hard to simply just say,
OK, she is $3k, or $3.5...people would have a cow when 84 was under $2k.
So this whole platinum series is just a marketing ploy to raise up their prices even a lot more.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #67
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I think no doubt this is gonna be amazing, just like previous JND statues.
But I think this is not gonna look any different than previous ones except for more silicone.
So the whole Platinum thing is definitely just a marketing ploy to figure out how to charge more for more silicone material.

If you look around, you can still find "The Batman". So although they can say it sold out in a couple of hours in their website, it really didnt cause its still available in other retailers.
Part of reason for that is the rising increase in price in every single release. If I recall, WW84 was under $2k.
If they would have kept their price point consistent, I think it would be easier for some collectors to pick and choose select JND pieces in their collection.
But with the rising increase in every statue, its getting harder for collectors to keep justifying getting a JND piece.
I wish they would have at least maybe kept their pricing consistent. Even at $2k, their price was already subject to scrutiny.

I'll be honest, I'm still trying to justify pre-ordering JND The Batman. It'll be $3k with shipping, and with so many other options available now.
With Prime 1, Queens, Sideshow, INart, Hot toys, etc, at a lower price point,
there are days where I think of just eating up the deposit and get something else.
This Wonder Woman is really just another statue in their line, but its probably hard to simply just say,
OK, she is $3k, or $3.5...people would have a cow when 84 was under $2k.
So this whole platinum series is just a marketing ploy to raise up their prices even a lot more.

This may be my last JND statue for a while, as it's getting harder to justify the price for what you're getting. I'm sure this will end up costing around 3k shipped, if not more. Another 1k and I could get a life size bust.

On the bright side, the statue market (like everything else) seems to be finally cooling down after that ridiculous bull run last year. I'm curious to see how sustainable JND's current pricing will be next year.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:13 PM   #68
PatrioticBat
Frackin!

Can't really form any opinions yet based on how little JND has shown. Always funny to watch the chat on those teasers because everyone goes in super hyped and is then super disappointed when they show basically nothing.

I really hope they don't go too crazy on the price on this one. As it is, the reular price for their statues is already pretty crazy. There's no way I could justify dropping over $3000 on something like this while Queen Studios is releasing a TDKR Catwoman on an entire Batpod vehicle in 1/3 scale for that same price. Just looking at a value comparison it would be absurd.
PatrioticBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:14 PM   #69
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

This may be my last JND statue for a while, as it's getting harder to justify the price for what you're getting. I'm sure this will end up costing around 3k shipped, if not more. Another 1k and I could get a life size bust.

On the bright side, the statue market (like everything else) seems to be finally cooling down after that ridiculous bull run last year. I'm curious to see how sustainable JND's current pricing will be next year.
I think it's highly unlikely the pricing will reduce or even plateau. That's just not realistic from an economical or business stand point.

Imagine, you walk into work on Monday, and your boss says, hey - I know you and your colleagues have been getting wage increases year on year - well, I'm gonna need you to take a 50% cut - but, increase the effort and quality - because our customers are sick of the product price rises.......yeah.....that.

More realistic is a shift in product focus (looking at you InArt)....the company continues to produce expensive statues, but, they're not "core products" - that way, the business can be sustained by volume sales of the cheaper products (e.g. 1/6 figures) and the higher price, lower edition size, statues just become "aspirational" - halo products - made for the very rich.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:48 PM   #70
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

I will pass on this as I already have the golden armor one and very happy with it. It's unique take on the costume and I have plenty of the normal outfit.

Too expensive to justify getting duplicate of a character. Plus it's been months and still waiting for them to send me label to have my Catwoman fix.

One more payment for Mera and might be done with JND due to their poor customer service.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote