Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #71
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
More realistic is a shift in product focus (looking at you InArt)....the company continues to produce expensive statues, but, they're not "core products" - that way, the business can be sustained by volume sales of the cheaper products (e.g. 1/6 figures) and the higher price, lower edition size, statues just become "aspirational" - halo products - made for the very rich.
Yeah, that does seem more likely. I'd forgotten JND was planning on getting into the 1/6 figure business.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #72
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I still haven't cracked open my Ledger Joker .... and although I've wanted a 1/3 WW in the classic costume (which is what JND should've gone with initially).. this announcement does nothing for me.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #73
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Can't wait to see more. Not surprised we see so little - it is teaser #1.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 01:40 AM   #74
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I still haven't cracked open my Ledger Joker .... and although I've wanted a 1/3 WW in the classic costume (which is what JND should've gone with initially).. this announcement does nothing for me.
Is that burn out related to the hobby in general, or just JND?

I feel the same way, so I'm not judging. I thought it was because of the pose....but on deeper reflection, I think it might just be JND related....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:43 AM   #75
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Is that burn out related to the hobby in general, or just JND?

I feel the same way, so I'm not judging. I thought it was because of the pose....but on deeper reflection, I think it might just be JND related....
Whereas I have been more critical than most of JND in the past, and yet this is the one that has really caught my attention.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 03:08 AM   #76
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Can't wait to see more. Not surprised we see so little - it is teaser #1.
Yep it's classic jnd building hype again. And it's working lol

They're smart making this costume a special super pricey version, it's what some people have been holding out for and I am interested to see how good it looks. As always, I don't care what materials are used, it's all about how it looks and whether the likeness is there for me, which is why I own zero jnd so far
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:57 AM   #77
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
As always, I don't care what materials are used, it's all about how it looks and whether the likeness is there for me, which is why I own zero jnd so far
In my opinion, unfortunately, it's a money thing. I think JND are hands down, the best producer out there (so far) - doesn't mean they're perfect (they're not) - but the competition doesn't come close in terms of delivery times, delays, closeness to prototype and direct sales customer service.......

But, in the (arguably) most important area - likeness vs cost, JND are middle of the road, at best!

For the money, WW84, Selina Kyle and Harley are their best pieces so far - IMHO, unchallenged by the competition.....Arthur Fleck, Ledger Joker and the Dark Knight - are all big misses.

In particular Joker and Dark Knight.

Their Mera is (justifiably) unchallenged - because other companies won't go near the likeness of Heard, and The Batman - quite frankly, the competition is cheaper and offering solid alternatives for the same pose.....

As of today, there's just no real reason to take it in the ass to get JND in your collection - at least from a financial perspective.....and just to add. In the near future, we're going to get a Catwoman on Batpod, and the 1:1 Catwoman bust from Infinity - both pieces, if executed well - will destroy the JND Catwoman piece....further reducing the relevance of JND's product offerings.

I'm a JND fan boy - but I'm not blind. Right now, value for money is in Queen, Infinity - and yes, dare I say it, Prime1......God, that hurt to type that last part.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:00 AM   #78
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

I like the museum poses of the JND statues.

I like how they look. I also think they will look good next to each other.

They will be easier for me to display due to my space limitations.

I know that not everyone likes the JND museum poses so it is great that other companies have other styles of statues. I do have the 1:4 scale Queen Studios Wonder Woman on pre-order. I do like the dynamic pose of that statue but wouldn't have enough room for it if it were 1:3 scale.
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:43 PM   #79
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I still haven't cracked open my Ledger Joker

I finally sold mine. The request for payment for Harley came through like a week later so it worked out fine by me.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:22 AM   #80
ukshaun
Hercules

Teaser #2 - 1:3 JND Wonder Woman from Justice League
https://youtu.be/rqfZMHohymA

Premieres Sep 26, 2022
12hrs remaining..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote