Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2022, 07:39 AM   #31
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
do you ever get the feeling that someone higher up has stopped listening...

but your persistence is inspiring
Absolutely I do, some guy on Facebook claims to know Tom and swears the COTD is alive and well, but at this point I dont believe him, it's a shame Tom cares so little about people that supported his line that he can't say anything about it for a whole year, I think I'm the last fan at least on this forum and I'm close to giving up and selling off part of my collection
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Absolutely I do, some guy on Facebook claims to know Tom and swears the COTD is alive and well, but at this point I dont believe him, it's a shame Tom cares so little about people that supported his line that he can't say anything about it for a whole year, I think I'm the last fan at least on this forum and I'm close to giving up and selling off part of my collection
At SDCC, I was part of a conversation where Tom said that COTD is not dead, but I didn't get the impression that a new release was coming anytime soon.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:16 AM   #33
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
At SDCC, I was part of a conversation where Tom said that COTD is not dead, but I didn't get the impression that a new release was coming anytime soon.
Ok thanks, real shame, even for a diehard like me, its impossible to stay interested in a line that releases nothing, I dont count apples
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #34
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I'd like a 1/4 Obi-Wan. Ideally sculpted like their latest PF's, from ROTS or the Disney plus series. Hopeful for a decent NYCC showing but doubtful for anything from Spooktacular.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:18 AM   #35
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Every year they tell us and every year people forget or ignore. Spooktacular may have been in the past, but its not set up as a reveal event now. The most they have is one variant and maybe 1 other thing which maybe any line. Just be prepared to accumulate a ---- ton of reward points if you decide to play along.

Storm i'm sure if they do a variant it will be next year. I'm going with likely Deadpool x-force variant. Not that its what i want but just likely.

NYCC may likely have a few more reveals this year, i'm going to guess maybe 2-3 for there online event.

COTD is likely just stuck in development, also i'm sure its not as big priority as much as Star Wars PF's.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #36
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've never paid attention to variants. How much do they change from the regular, on average? Just a palette swap?

I bet I'm the only person that likes Azazel but not Nightcrawler. That would be more than a palette swap, and they'd only sell one (1), so, I won't hold my breath.
I have a variant Elektra and the biggest thing is went from red to black outfit. However, the smaller piece is the foot peg was redesigned to be more stable and substantial.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #37
SDguy

Sinestro variant had his suit sculpt changed, along with color, and a different energy construct switchout hand.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #38
FJC
Midnighter

I think the Sabretooth variant had the most changes made from an original sculpt. Off came the fabric modern costume on the OG PF and in came a sculpted classic costume on the variant that's completely different from the first release. I thought the variant was a tremendous improvement over the OG PF. A lot of time had to be put into reworking the OG sculpt to make the variant.

I'm hoping something similar can be done with Storm and Cyclops. Retool the recent releases of those characters and put them in their classic costumes. Sideshow is so close to having a solid Byrne lineup. I know I would instantly buy both variants if they were released.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #39
nearmint
Phoenix

Last year was weird. We didn't get a variant during Spook, but we got one 2 weeks earlier during online NYCC, the blue hunchback Batman.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:01 PM   #40
BurningRage
Inhumans

King Hulk and Red Son Superman had some changes.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote