Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Saw the movie this weekend....and I thought it was just ok. If not for the amazing CGI moments with the keys/battles, this movie would EASILY be a 2/10 for me. As it stands, that movie is a 5/10.

The writing was painful. Pandered to viewers thinking we are too stupid or too "plugged in" to find things on our own. So we were treated to spoon-fed plot (I use that term loosely) development, weak writing, poor editing/pacing, and pointed out Easter eggs. Sure, lots of eggs still left to find on our own - but come on.

As for what I did like:
  • I thought the way the movie handled the keys/gates was a smart change from the book.

I loved the Shining references - for those who have not read/seen The Shining, you really should.

HUGE lover of the TRex as she will always be one of my all-time favorite childhood movie memories. Those scenes lived up to the trailer hype for me. The race sequences were amazing.

Sorrento having a Superman avatar - hahaha

MechaGodzilla was everything. So happy they didn't change that from the book.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #42
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Saw the movie this weekend....and I thought it was just ok. If not for the amazing CGI moments with the keys/battles, this movie would EASILY be a 2/10 for me. As it stands, that movie is a 5/10.

The writing was painful. Pandered to viewers thinking we are too stupid or too "plugged in" to find things on our own. So we were treated to spoon-fed plot (I use that term loosely) development, weak writing, poor editing/pacing, and pointed out Easter eggs. Sure, lots of eggs still left to find on our own - but come on.

As for what I did like:
  • I thought the way the movie handled the keys/gates was a smart change from the book.

I loved the Shining references - for those who have not read/seen The Shining, you really should.

HUGE lover of the TRex as she will always be one of my all-time favorite childhood movie memories. Those scenes lived up to the trailer hype for me. The race sequences were amazing.

This is exactly why I simply can't understand people's love for this film. It's as if it's written by a child.

To me, the film was like having a scripted toy advert. It's not enough for me that the film had nostalgia in it, if it's not written well and the story isn't engaging, then it's a fail for me.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #43
Luminous
Cyclops

What exactly was "spoon fed"?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #44
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

RP1 wasn't the most complex film ever ofcourse but it was pretty entertaining. I liked it.

I like your profile picture Luminous. Blade Runner 2049 was an imperesive film. I loved it alot.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #45
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
RP1 wasn't the most complex film ever ofcourse but it was pretty entertaining. I liked it.

I like your profile picture Luminous. Blade Runner 2049 was an imperesive film. I loved it alot.
Especially Joi
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #46
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post

Thanks! Absolutely love BR 2049.

I agree about RP1. The narrative isn't complex at all, but it's an adventure I found extremely appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
Especially Joi
Agreed. One of the reasons I chose this image was that I could incorporate both characters as a profile.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #47
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

As for what I did like:

Sorrento was Superman???
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #48
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I found the story extremely engaging and felt it's message was fantastic for mankind going into the future with ever evolving technology.

My brother and I thoroughly enjoyed the flick!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #49
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Finally got to see this last night. Have not read the book in a few years so I am unsure of all the changes. Going to read it again over the next week. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie though. I though it was very well done and entertaining. Special effects were truly amazing.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:47 PM   #50
built2shred
Phoenix

Just watched this tonight, I thought it was a great film and a great message that's pretty much relevant now given how people are addicted to MMO's and their cell phones..... 8/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote