Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #5481
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Whatever happened to the people complaining about the production Joker on display at SDCC?
They are still here. They chime in once in a while.
BTW. I decided to display mine with the Ex head. Both are great, but the ex version is just more twisted and goofy imo. The regular head I have propped up on his base. There is no way I am going to put one back in the box.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #5482
Batstat73
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Joker showing a little leg and some shoe detail
That's rough! Man if that's all that's underneath what the heck took so long?

Thanks for the pics, He's a must have.
Batstat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #5483
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Just opened mine.

One downside was that my piece had an absolute nightmare amount of pulled threads, which took me an hour to carefully trim, although thankfully none have caused any problems or holes or weak points. The tailoring overall is pretty damn good really, even though there is some creasing that I could have lived without.

I also think the clothes on mine were applied while the paint was still wet, because there are areas on his legs where the material is stuck (unnaturally) to the leg, but I carefully managed to seperate those areas and have since started futzing the paints to look a bit straighter and smoother.

The exclusive head is quite weird to me. I never liked it in the initial reveal or the pics up on Sideshow's site, still didn't like it in the pics shown by others who were posting once they got theirs in hand, but in person I actually kind of love the exclusive head sculpt. In person it just works so much better than it ever looked to me in any of the pics I have seen.

I was sure I'd be using the regular head (which is every bit as great as I always thought it was in the pics), but now I honestly don't know. So if you never liked the Ex head, keep an open mind...it might just surprise you.

And the paint on both head sculpts is top notch by Sideshow quality. Definitely looks like they were out to impress with this piece, and that they have.

I'm not one who uses the word grail very often, and almost never when describing a new or upcoming piece, but I would be amazed if this didn't become one for many people in the future. It is a truly iconic character done amazingly well. If you have any fondness for the character at all, get one now. Seriously.

I mean, Hell, even the damn box is great on this piece...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #5484
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batstat73 View Post
That's rough! Man if that's all that's underneath what the heck took so long?

Thanks for the pics, He's a must have.
I pulled up his sleeves and his pants, the polystone underneath is very rough. I hope it has some kind of finish on it. Looks like some kind of white wash. I think most of the time was used in the tailoring, which is flawless on mine. I was kind of shocked. I inspected him close, thought I would find a stray thread or a seam letting go...there was nothing.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #5485
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Awesome pics Sister D and congrats on owning this exceptional piece. I like your close up detail shots a lot.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #5486
Batstat73

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I pulled up his sleeves and his pants, the polystone underneath is very rough. I hope it has some kind of finish on it. Looks like some kind of white wash. I think most of the time was used in the tailoring, which is flawless on mine. I was kind of shocked. I inspected him close, thought I would find a stray thread or a seam letting go...there was nothing.
Yes the tailoring does look quite nice for the Jman, sharp duds. Congrats on being a proud owner of this piece.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #5487
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
I also think the clothes on mine were applied while the paint was still wet, because there are areas on his legs where the material is stuck (unnaturally) to the leg, but I carefully managed to seperate those areas and have since started futzing the paints to look a bit straighter and smoother.
I definitely have "white" on the pants and I'm guessing someone tried to get it out. Otherwise, I'm not sure why it's so worn looking. That also seems to be a weird place for a seam (vertically down the front of his left left leg?). Does everyone have a seam there?

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #5488
Batstat73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I definitely have "white" on the pants and I'm guessing someone tried to get it out. Otherwise, I'm not sure why it's so worn looking. That also seems to be a weird place for a seam (vertically down the front of his left left leg?). Does everyone have a seam there?

Sorry to see the white stains on his pants. Joker has been having too much fun!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #5489
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
I dunno, to call Batman the best PF ever; that seems extreme. Granted, I haven't seen Bats in person, so maybe he's right. But yeah, thems is strong words.
Feel free to disagree that's why I put IMHO at the end of my sentence cause I know we all have different taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamato View Post
Yes he has, and I second Mambas lament!
Batman PF is the best PF I have seen to date!

That thing in person was heart stopping, jaw dropping, pure amazement!
You are absolutely correct sir, it's hard to describe it to the poeple who have not seen it in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
It just sorta reminds me of a hat that some teen boy band member would sport and think he was being a trendsetter, when all he's really doing is looking like a schmucky douche bag.
I also not a big fan of his hat, but it's not because the way it looks, but because of the material. What kind of material do they use for the hat, it feels kind of soft.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #5490
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
'I also not a big fan of his hat, but it's not because the way it looks, but because of the material. What kind of material do they use for the hat, it feels kind of soft.
It is just typical plastic, not polystone. I could see them doing this due to polystone chipping and being a tad more brittle. Feels like the plastic has a slight give.