Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #661
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I see that the new Batman 1/4 scale statue is out. Anyone have it yet? Thoughts?
HIGHLY doubt it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #662
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
HIGHLY doubt it.
Come on..it's Batman, I'm sure SOMEBODY is getting it. It looks better than the first one.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #663
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Come on..it's Batman, I'm sure SOMEBODY is getting it. It looks better than the first one.
You really think so? The old one wasn't great but it looks far better than this new one IMO. The pose just looks so awkward.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #664
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
You really think so? The old one wasn't great but it looks far better than this new one IMO. The pose just looks so awkward.
Yeah I do. The first one was a disaster IMO. The pose sucks on this one, but the face sculpt is pretty good and the base is WAY better.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #665
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Yeah I do. The first one was a disaster IMO. The pose sucks on this one, but the face sculpt is pretty good and the base is WAY better.
I owned the first one but sold it once Sideshow got the DC license. The only problems I had with it were the base color and the gold fabric utility belt. Sculpt wise it was really good though. Plus the cape rocked as it was lined with wire and could be molded to suite your tastes. Unfortunately most of the people posting pics out there didn't take advantage of that feature and as such the cape appeared limp and made of cheap fabric.

Honestly I don't see this new DCD piece being superior in any way over the first. Maybe my opinion would change seeing it in person.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #666
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
I owned the first one but sold it once Sideshow got the DC license. The only problems I had with it were the base color and the gold fabric utility belt. Sculpt wise it was really good though. Plus the cape rocked as it was lined with wire and could be molded to suite your tastes. Unfortunately most of the people posting pics out there didn't take advantage of that feature and as such the cape appeared limp and made of cheap facric.

Honestly I don't see this new DCD piece being superior in any way over the first. Maybe my opinion would change seeing it in person.
I dont know, the first one looked like he had down's syndrome, standing on a bunch of termite mounds. I think the new one has a wired cape too, but not sure. That's why I was hoping for in hand impressions, but it's been crickets so far.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #667
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Anyone get the Bolland Black & White Joker yet? I'm curious to see how well that one turned out.

I actually have it pre-ordered and just got notice that mine is on the way, but I won't see it arrive for a couple of weeks or so...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #668
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I quite like the head sculpt on the new one, but agree the pose is just awkward. I'd considered getting it but unfortunately for DC Collectibles the Sideshow one is significantly better so I doubt that many people would choose this one out of the two. Unfortunate timing really.
Batman Professor might get it, he collects most Bat statues. Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever see this in person as my LCS never buys large scale statues in.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #669
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

How well you know me. I'll post photos once I have it in hand. I won't be picking it up until next week at the earliest.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #670
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Pix by Monday.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote