Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
How is Dragons Dogma?? I have been thinking of picking it up...Just so many games I still have yet to play...Saw it for $20 used.
After putting waaaayyyy too many hours into it, DD is officially my GotY for 2012. I didn't think anything could have knocked Mass Effect 3 from that title, but DD managed

people have a love/hate relationship with the game. There is rarely a neutral stance on it.

It was exactly the perfect mix of a western and japanese action-RPG

also (if you don't know much about it at all), it has a unique system called Pawns where you can essentially rent out anyone's "Pawn" (ie. Main AI companion that they created) and have them accompany you on your journey. You can have up to three of these Pawns with your main character at all time

The story was well executed, although a bit tough to follow at times (the end scenes reveal all and set up NG+ mode)

The combat is amazing and very responsive

The class system (and the ability to change your class whenever you want at minimal cost) is a great feature and keeps you from being bored with one playstyle

I also love all the mythical creatures in the game. From Cyclops', to Griffins', to Hydras', to Dragons', the game has them all

if you love action-RPG's and are looking for something unique give it a shot one day. If you grab it on the 360 be sure to take my pawn with you as I've built her up to withstand anything the game can toss at you. Can't recommend it enough
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
After putting waaaayyyy too many hours into it, DD is officially my GotY for 2012. I didn't think anything could have knocked Mass Effect 3 from that title, but DD managed

people have a love/hate relationship with the game. There is rarely a neutral stance on it.

It was exactly the perfect mix of a western and japanese action-RPG

also (if you don't know much about it at all), it has a unique system called Pawns where you can essentially rent out anyone's "Pawn" (ie. Main AI companion that they created) and have them accompany you on your journey. You can have up to three of these Pawns with your main character at all time

The story was well executed, although a bit tough to follow at times (the end scenes reveal all and set up NG+ mode)

The combat is amazing and very responsive

The class system (and the ability to change your class whenever you want at minimal cost) is a great feature and keeps you from being bored with one playstyle

I also love all the mythical creatures in the game. From Cyclops', to Griffins', to Hydras', to Dragons', the game has them all

if you love action-RPG's and are looking for something unique give it a shot one day. If you grab it on the 360 be sure to take my pawn with you as I've built her up to withstand anything the game can toss at you. Can't recommend it enough

Damn!! Now I HAVE to pick this up...
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
PureInvasion

Quote:

Damn!! Now I HAVE to pick this up...
one of my buddies is nearing 1000 hours (yes thats not a typo...one thousand!) of game time since May...I don't even know how you manage that much on one game but it speaks as to the overall depth of the game when you really get into it
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've never even heard of that game; sounds interesting.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
PureInvasion

you can get a good idea for the game by watching this quick look that Giant Bomb did a few months back. Patrick (the guy playing) doesn't understand all the concepts and voices some complaints but they're mostly due to his playstyle at times (since he has a lot to cover in a short time during the video). Still a great look into the early part of the game

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...dogma/17-5996/

oh and the other good thing about it is that you don't need XBL Gold to take part in any of the online features. Everything is allowed via the regular XBL Silver account. Not sure how Capcom managed to sway Microsoft into allowing that to happen but I applaud them for it

also a full on expansion DLC for DD is set for early 2013 (Dark Arisen) so now is a great time to jump into it as the community is building back up again
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Frankierock
Omega Red

So Can i pick this up used?? or is it a Title you need New...Because of online codes and what not. (like EA games charge you $$ if you have a used copy to unlock some features)
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
one of my buddies is nearing 1000 hours (yes thats not a typo...one thousand!) of game time since May...I don't even know how you manage that much on one game but it speaks as to the overall depth of the game when you really get into it
WOW that is Nuts!!! But I guess he is not like me Buying 2 games a month...I still have about 10-12 titles I didn't even really put in my system. Yet I still just purchased 3 more this week....LOL
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #28
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've watched 30 seconds of that review and I can already tell you I'm buyin' it as soon as I'm done with NV, if not sooner.

Also.. love the title screen song. Hilarious.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
PureInvasion

Quote:
So Can i pick this up used?? or is it a Title you need New...Because of online codes and what not. (like EA games charge you $$ if you have a used copy to unlock some features)
You can buy used. No code is included in new copies. Also don't purchase any of the weapon/armor dlc as it can all be gifted for free as well via the pawn item transfer. Just hit me up if/when you get it and I'll hook you up

Good to hear Argo. Hope you enjoy it
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
You can buy used. No code is included in new copies. Also don't purchase any of the weapon/armor dlc as it can all be gifted for free as well via the pawn item transfer. Just hit me up if/when you get it and I'll hook you up

Good to hear Argo. Hope you enjoy it
Thanks found it on Amazon used..24 bucks