Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 09-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #21
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
but whose team is the only one to blow the 3 - 0 lead?

That's right, yours!!!!

Biggest. Choke Job. Ever!
Wheb did the Mets do that?

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #22
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
OH, sorry. thought you were a yanks fan.

Look, if it came down to it, I'd root for the MEts over the yanks any day of the week
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #23
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
He was refering to my Yankees...The all time Championship Team of any sport...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #24
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post

I feel better now.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #25
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Ahhh... The Facts!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #26
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
OH, sorry. thought you were a yanks fan.

Look, if it came down to it, I'd root for the MEts over the yanks any day of the week
As long as the Braves keep looking up at the Mets all will be well!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #27
kirthew
Zot

I hate the Mets.. I hate the Yankees... I hate pretty much all New York teams... No.. I take that back.. I like the Devils... but they are in New Jersey...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #28
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Tell em' dude. Bats is still mad that the Yankees crushed the Braves franchise back in the day. They were on the cusp of a dynasty and we snatched it from their bum asses and what’s even worse is that we didn't have the dreaded 200 million payroll for braves fans to use as an excuse. Biggest choke ever doesn't take away nearly 30 world titles or the fact that we ***** slapped the braves and took their glory. Also I don't sweat the title drought because the last World Series win was so sweet I still have the smile on my face.

I don't lose any sleep that we haven't won since 2000 because unlike other teams we have a legit chance every year and have at least made it to the world series 2 times. I'll take that over coming in second every year, never being favored to win anything or knowing every year my team will come in first only to lose in the first round. I'll stick with my Yankees even if they start to suck like the Sawx, braves and Mets.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #29
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Tell em' dude. Bats is still mad that the Yankees crushed the Braves franchise back in the day. They were on the cusp of a dynasty and we snatched it from their bum asses and what’s even worse is that we didn't have the dreaded 200 million payroll for braves fans to use as an excuse. Biggest choke ever doesn't take away nearly 30 world titles or the fact that we ***** slapped the braves and took their glory. Also I don't sweat the title drought because the last World Series win was so sweet I still have the smile on my face.

I don't lose any sleep that we haven't won since 2000 because unlike other teams we have a legit chance every year and have at least made it to the world series 2 times. I'll take that over coming in second every year, never being favored to win anything or knowing every year my team will come in first only to lose in the first round. I'll stick with my Yankees even if they start to suck like the Sawx, braves and Mets.
The Yankees are what is wrong with Baseball.. and the reason I am not a fan... If there is ever a salary cap like football.. I might come back.. but Major Market Cities that are able to spend out the wazoo to make championships happen... does not excite me...

Every year is the same... I would like to see the Royals be competitive... or the Pirates make a Penate run.

Every single sport should look at the NFL and their pay structure... it is the most exciting sports league... because they have a salary cap... every team has a cap number to get under... This is accomplished via a fair Revenue sharing plan... Something that MLB does not have...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #30
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

I thought there was a cap on Baseball??? and if you go over you have to pay a luxury tax to each team...