Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-16-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
snappahead
Producer
Producer

FF13 now coming to the 360

So, E3's here once again and the big news is Microsoft getting Final Fantasy 13. I can't help but get a good chuckle out of the mass hysteria that this announcement's been creating. I understand that FF is a big deal (not to me..I hate the series) but I don't get this rage. PS3 and FF nuts are out of their minds with anger. I don't get it. It's funny, but I don't get it. They're still getting the game. Nothing's changed for them. Only now, more people will get to play it. Is that really so bad?

I suppose it's the fear that this announcement is the nail in the coffin for the PS3, but that's nonsense. It was a big (arguably the biggest) exclusive for Sony, but hardly the only thing they've got going for them. They still have plenty of exclusives, one of the cheapest and best quality BD players on the market and a brand name that has a stupid # of loyal customers. So, I say to those who're freaked about this to relax. It's not the end of the world for you or Sony. Good grief.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I am sure most the the xbox fans would feel the same if one of their exclusives Halo was not available to Sony. You would imagine that both could live side by side without all the hysteria.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
snappahead
Producer
Producer

You're very right, Bulls. Every console has fanboys and it'd be no different if it was Halo or Gears of War or whatever.

Often, when asked why they're so mad about this announcement, the fanboys will say it's because they were lied to by Square...saying that Square had promised that the game was going to stay exclusive to the PS3. Moral and ethical argument and all. I doubt they'd be mad if Square had promised it'd be multiplatform and then announced that it'd now be exclusive to the PS3.

Like I said..it's funny to watch, but I don't really understand this strange brand loyalty that borders on insanity.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
DSET
The Secret Six

I was annoyed by the announcement but Im not mad, I want sony to catch up in sales as the amount of negativity towards the system annoys me.

Im especially annoyed with microsoft as this move probably costed them alot of money that Im sure wont pay out. Look at Lost oddysey sales not to say that is FF13 but rpg's arent hugely in demand on the 360. I really dont know why they did this they would have been better off using that money to get mgs4 or do something besides use it to get a AAA game that sells 1.2million copies.

Sony still won e3 which doesnt say much as microsoft and sony both had ****balls to show this year.

exclusives in line of the top of my head

-Too Human
-Halo wars*
-Fable2*
-Gears2*
-Banjo Tooie
-last remnant

Im sure theres a couple im missing but there not big ones

ps3
GT5*
God Of War*
Killzone 2*
Resistance 2*
Socom*
Mag
Little Big Planet
Dc universe
Infamous
ratchet

this was a "meh" year at e3
i guess with mgs4 and gta4 already out whats left to boast about

but i was expecting some new exclusive titles out of 360
they announced nothing new
ps3 announced MAG\ GoW3 at least

wii i never followed so if anyone knows the skinny please post
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
You're very right, Bulls. Every console has fanboys and it'd be no different if it was Halo or Gears of War or whatever.

Often, when asked why they're so mad about this announcement, the fanboys will say it's because they were lied to by Square...saying that Square had promised that the game was going to stay exclusive to the PS3. Moral and ethical argument and all. I doubt they'd be mad if Square had promised it'd be multiplatform and then announced that it'd now be exclusive to the PS3.

Like I said..it's funny to watch, but I don't really understand this strange brand loyalty that borders on insanity.
Its true the same chaos would be happening if gears or halo came out on ps3

To rethink it Im sure alot of people saw it coming a month before this square was announcing exclusive 360 titles
maybe the partnership has grown and signing ff13 didnt cost 360 much at all.
If that is the case then I say its a very well played move.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Its true the same chaos would be happening if gears or halo came out on ps3

To rethink it Im sure alot of people saw it coming a month before this square was announcing exclusive 360 titles
maybe the partnership has grown and signing ff13 didnt cost 360 much at all.
If that is the case then I say its a very well played move.
Hehe..that's the other thing that always cracks me up..the nuts getting mad "cause M$ used their pockets to get another game from Sony" As if that's somehow unethical or cheap tactics. I guess they're just mad and flailing. Again, if it was Sony doing the same thing, they'd be happy..just like the 360 owners are right now. I don't think anyone knows what this move cost Microsoft, but whatever it was, I'm guessing it'll be worth it. There was quite a few (apparently) people waiting to buy a PS3 so they could play FF13.

Another funny thing is the way fanboys try to do damage control. "The 360 version will be watered down" or "it'll be on 20 discs" I'm guessing that the only problem for this game will be disc space for the hours of cutscenes. In that case, yeah, it'll be on multiple discs. But seriously..we've been through this for years and it never bothered anyone. Changing a disc every ten hours or so isn't really a deal breaker heh.

They may still be trying to get MGS4..I'd be surprised if they weren't. Maybe Konami isn't ready to do that yet or a price hasn't been agreed on. Who knows. Maybe Sony is giving them too much money to remain exclusive. Could be a lot of reasons.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

sweet!

I told people this was coming
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Hehe..that's the other thing that always cracks me up..the nuts getting mad "cause M$ used their pockets to get another game from Sony" As if that's somehow unethical or cheap tactics. I guess they're just mad and flailing. Again, if it was Sony doing the same thing, they'd be happy..just like the 360 owners are right now. I don't think anyone knows what this move cost Microsoft, but whatever it was, I'm guessing it'll be worth it. There was quite a few (apparently) people waiting to buy a PS3 so they could play FF13.

Another funny thing is the way fanboys try to do damage control. "The 360 version will be watered down" or "it'll be on 20 discs" I'm guessing that the only problem for this game will be disc space for the hours of cutscenes. In that case, yeah, it'll be on multiple discs. But seriously..we've been through this for years and it never bothered anyone. Changing a disc every ten hours or so isn't really a deal breaker heh.

They may still be trying to get MGS4..I'd be surprised if they weren't. Maybe Konami isn't ready to do that yet or a price hasn't been agreed on. Who knows. Maybe Sony is giving them too much money to remain exclusive. Could be a lot of reasons.
agreed
-I dont see swapping discs or installing a game as problems, I beat Lost oddysey on 4 discs and beat MGS4 after waiting for a ten min install both sides of that argument is ludicrous. Blu ray does help in terms of MGS4 though when there is a ton of things going on at once you need all thoose textures \animations on the disc I doubt MGS4 will be a multi disc game on 360 but it would probably help if it was, that indeed is if MGS4 is gonna come out on 360, I doubt simply because we would know by now if it was.

Im not mad or calling the move to get FF13 a cheap tactic I just dont see it as a good Investment IMO, Im probably wrong. But I dont see 1/4th the market for Jap-Rpgs in North america as there are in that region.
But yeah the more i think about it the more I think microsoft got this game for either very little or free they have been in bed with square enix on a few games now, Im guessing squeenix wants more people to play rpgs on 360. In that scenario its a great move.

but yeah this move doesnt even compare to what 360 owners would do if gears or halo4 was a simultaneous release. Or to what PS3 fans would have done if MGS4 was. Ff13 is popular here but not like thoose games IMO
Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Gamers have their favorite equipment just like statue collectors have their favorite sculptors and comic fan boys have their favorite publishers. Just imagine if DC made an offer to buy the rights to Wolverine from Marvel and put him in the middle of the DC universe.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Gamers have their favorite equipment just like statue collectors have their favorite sculptors and comic fan boys have their favorite publishers. Just imagine if DC made an offer to buy the rights to Wolverine from Marvel and put him in the middle of the DC universe.
looooooL