Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #21
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Now let's wait for MGS 4 announcement.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #22
nordvader
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Now let's wait for MGS 4 announcement.
The FF announcement was great but I serious doubt that MGS4 will be on the 360. It's too much stuff that Konami would have to take out of the game for them to even consider it. Besides the fact that Otacon uses a Mac and Snake has an Ipod, every phone used in the game is a Sony phone,and that's just the small stuff. they would have to take out at least 40% of the game after act 2 because of all the homage to sony.
nordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #23
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
I agree e3 sucked sh!t this year

but i still think sony did the best job
or you can call it even because the final fantasy signing is a huge point but its not really an e3 thing

I think at least sony did what they were supposed to and announced a few exclusive titles GoW3\MAG\
I agree that Sony had the best showing, Microsoft really seemed to have a "me too" kind of feeling, and Nintendo didn't even try. As a whole I don't know whether this is more of a poor outing for the big three, or whether this shows just how far E3 has fallen.

It just feels like (especially in the case of Sony and Nintendo) that they're holding off until the Tokyo Game Show or the Leipzig Games Convention (for Sony at least, Nintendo opted out of Leipzig this year) to really pull out all the stops.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I was reading that the gaming industry world wide is doing incredibly well considering the slow down in the worlds economies. It appears that gaming and mobile phones are the stocks to invest in at the moment if you have money.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #25
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

has anybody heard anything about marvel alliance 2? I thought it was suppost be out in april?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
has anybody heard anything about marvel alliance 2? I thought it was suppost be out in april?
A guy at my work said there were some pictures in a magazine he read last night can't remember which one though
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #27
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

This will be the 1st FF game that I've played since the Super Nintendo. I've never been a PS fan, so I missed out on all the game from PS to PS2. I'm really looking forward to playing one of my all time favorite series again.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #28
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
This will be the 1st FF game that I've played since the Super Nintendo. I've never been a PS fan, so I missed out on all the game from PS to PS2. I'm really looking forward to playing one of my all time favorite series again.
You can use an emulator to play PS games on your PC.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #29
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I was reading that the gaming industry world wide is doing incredibly well considering the slow down in the worlds economies. It appears that gaming and mobile phones are the stocks to invest in at the moment if you have money.
Very true, but more complicated than that considering two of the "big three" don't rely on gaming for the majority of their income. Nintendo is still a solid stock, but it's slowed down after a fantastic couple of years. Microsoft is a tough read, the Electronics division is finally turning a profit at a point where other divisions are having issues (much slower than anticipated adoption rate for Vista).

Sony has had a rough few years and is basically in a prime position to be bought out (Sony's Market Cap is almost half of that of Nintendo); or at least in the best position they are likely to ever be in. I've seen a few suggestions from market analysts that Apple purchase/merge with Sony. Apple has the available funds to purchase the majority of Sony stocks without a problem, and in a lot of ways it's an acquisition that makes sense. Sony's music and movie library would be perfect for Apple to have complete control of, and I'm sure they'd love to have a tighter relationship with Blu-Ray (Apple and Disney are on the Blu-Ray consortium, and Steve Jobs is the largest single stock-holder of Disney).

Apple would probably be a solid stock to purchase given the iPhone's amazing success, iTunes domination of online music distribution, faster than expected Mac adoption rates, and Apple's new interest in gaming (so far mainly for the iPhone).
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #30
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Nokia has just published impressive figures and control 40% of the worlds market in cell phones.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote