Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-15-2021, 12:12 AM   #3251
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Congratulations in getting him back and in such a great price as well! I remember APs were highly-sought after back in the day and would usually come with Randy's initials.

That one perfectly captures the essence of the character, though I still prefer the 2007 release for its more detailed sculpt and size. Nonetheless, great piece and congrats again! Bowens truly stand the test of time.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:09 PM   #3252
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

On the topic of pieces we sold and want back...picked up Hela and Toad...and a few others.

Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:34 PM   #3253
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
On the topic of pieces we sold and want back...picked up Hela and Toad...and a few others.

congrats on the purchases. It always feels good to get stuff you regret back in your collection
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:51 AM   #3254
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
congrats on the purchases. It always feels good to get stuff you regret back in your collection
Thanks, yeah...not the first time and hopefully won't be the last. I've got at least one other I need to hunt down again.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #3255
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

My Christmas haul... still have one more to arrive - Captain America with shield.
With these I only need three more for my Avengers collection - Hulk, Stingray and Wonder Man variant and I'm up to date on ALL Bowens previous releases.
Have to say, the excitement of a potential Bowen return and the possibility of adding a Swordsman, Mantis, Jocasta, Cpt. Marvel, Starfox and numerous others (especially Captain America and Iron Man villains) is pretty exciting. I just hope he returns with busts... I was never into paying an extra 200 bucks just for a pair of legs on a statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20210119_10_57_39_Pro.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	136185  
The_Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #3256
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Scratch View Post
My Christmas haul... still have one more to arrive - Captain America with shield.
With these I only need three more for my Avengers collection - Hulk, Stingray and Wonder Man variant and I'm up to date on ALL Bowens previous releases.
Have to say, the excitement of a potential Bowen return and the possibility of adding a Swordsman, Mantis, Jocasta, Cpt. Marvel, Starfox and numerous others (especially Captain America and Iron Man villains) is pretty exciting. I just hope he returns with busts... I was never into paying an extra 200 bucks just for a pair of legs on a statue.
I only own two Bowen mini busts now (Nighthawk and Goliath) but I love seeing a nice collection of mini busts I think it looks fantastic.

I am thinking about trying to purchase and have a nice little display of the Defenders in mini bust form since some of them do go rather cheap and I’ve always love the Defenders.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #3257
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I only own two Bowen mini busts now (Nighthawk and Goliath) but I love seeing a nice collection of mini busts I think it looks fantastic.

I am thinking about trying to purchase and have a nice little display of the Defenders in mini bust form since some of them do go rather cheap and I’ve always love the Defenders.
Picking a theme like Defenders to start with is a good way to go and rather easy to collect on the secondary market.
I originally began collecting only villains (Loki was my first) but then I wanted Iron Man as he was my favorite character. Purchasing the Iron Man 3 pack led to the 2nd 3 pack and suddenly I found myself wanting every iron Man and all his villains because they just looked so cool.
Once my parents jumped on the bandwagon and started getting me busts for Christmas it just exploded... I was doomed. 120 busts later (and that's without a single X-Men bust, I never liked X-men) my display cabinet is rather packed.
One of my favorite displays is my Alpha Flight. I think Guardian is my all-time favorite bust followed by Batroc (which is exquisitely offensive ) Dormammu (a masterpiece) and Satana which is just gorgeous.
Collecting is addictive... if you follow a theme you can reign it in (good luck) and create some nice mini-displays.
Some suggestions:
Original Avengers (Museum bust - no arms) Thor, Ant-man, Iron Man, Captain America, Wasp, Hulk, Giant Man. These are hard to find and can be expensive. Probably the biggest collecting challenge for bust collectors.

Spider Man surrounded by all his villains.

Each X-Men team.

West Coast Avengers.

and my personal favorite is every Monster Statue... Ghost Rider, Dracula, Frankenstein, Zombie, Man-Thing. If Randy is returning I would expect Werewolf By Night, The Living Mummy, Blade, Draculas daughter Lilith and potentially Nightmare, D'Spayre, Satana and other nasties yet to come?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:41 PM   #3258
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Scratch View Post
Nice...congrats. That Thor's a nice one.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #3259
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

Finally... got my Ant-man.
Mint in box... never opened, still sealed... only $100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	147073603_1480808885442376_7526295936096678491_n.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	136755  
Old 02-05-2021, 08:58 PM   #3260
Philintheblank

Congrats...that's one of the cooler busts.