Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #431
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
I guess my concern would be... if chronicle ceased operations.... what makes you think that they are going to actually ship them to BigBad? In technical terms isn’t BigBad a “customer” too? If chronicle can’t ship them to us customers why is it ok to ship to BigBad also being a customer?

Also curious if BigBad had already shipped out these Indominus’ and it reconverted back to pre-order.
I have not kept watch on this statue at all but tempted with the lower price point.

Anybody stateside receive one not directly from chronicle?
You are confusing unfilled preorders with stock they have laying around. BBTS only purchased in stock items CC is liquidating similar to what CC was doing themselves on eBay a while back. I would get one, there is no real risk to you.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #432
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You are confusing unfilled preorders with stock they have laying around. BBTS only purchased in stock items CC is liquidating similar to what CC was doing themselves on eBay a while back. I would get one, there is no real risk to you.
I think I gotcha. So cc’s ignoring everyone who isn’t a wholesaler/distributor basically.

Do u have the indominus already? Worth it?
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #433
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The Indominus Rex is a great piece and totally worth the discounted price. I got mine via SS and paid around $500 after using my reward points.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #434
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
The Indominus Rex is a great piece and totally worth the discounted price. I got mine via SS and paid around $500 after using my reward points.
I think i might go for it.

Feel like sharing any shots of it within your collection?

I am interested in seeing some shots next to some comparable sized pieces. All my searches are just showing me standalone images/videos of it.
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #435
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
I think I gotcha. So cc’s ignoring everyone who isn’t a wholesaler/distributor basically.

Do u have the indominus already? Worth it?
Ignoring just for now hopefully, and using the funds from these sales to issue refunds to those preorders that will not be filled.

I did have one yes, I got it during the last eBay sale. It's an impressive piece, and a bargain at $550. I ended up selling it and a few other pieces though, trying to stay JP1 for now.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #436
tyrannozord27
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Ignoring just for now hopefully, and using the funds from these sales to issue refunds to those preorders that will not be filled.
Do you have a source on this?

I got a reply from Paypal and BofA that they wont be reimbursing me and Im a bit frustrated. I preordered something from them before the Partially also, and so they can't help me.

However, I read that some people that got refunds through their bank also make pre-orders before partially. How were they able to get refunded?
tyrannozord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:02 PM   #437
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I received notifications today from Big Bad Toy Store that they had been officially contacted by Chronicle that they would not be producing a number of items and they refunded me my preorder money. Specifically, the 1/6 scale Dr Grant and Velociraptor.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #438
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannozord27 View Post
Do you have a source on this?

I got a reply from Paypal and BofA that they wont be reimbursing me and Im a bit frustrated. I preordered something from them before the Partially also, and so they can't help me.

However, I read that some people that got refunds through their bank also make pre-orders before partially. How were they able to get refunded?
I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you pay through debit, credit, or directly through your bank account? I am wondering if it's certain forms of payment that are making it difficult to be reimbursed or if it's certain institutions (i.e. PayPal or BofA) that are failing the consumer.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:46 PM   #439
qz33
Doctor Doom

Length of time is part of it too. Some cards only give 60 days for a dispute.

Take away is just say no to P.O.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:36 AM   #440
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Take away is just say no to P.O.
Unfortunately that isn't possible with this hobby.