Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #331
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Congrats!

Share pics when you can.
Will do.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #332
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Funny that you guys are impatient about this and it’s only been confirmed as being made for less than a month; XM and P1 full reveals can take years from an initial tease.
In some cases, this is true. However, P1 and XM usually do a great job of showing an unpainted prototype or artwork of a statue they are going to release. At least we know what the pose is like, the costume the character is wearing, and a good idea of what the statue will look like. That's a lot more than sideshow gives us with their banner announcements.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:19 PM   #333
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Now that I'm looking at her I do want an updated version. That statue looks good but that 90's hair gotta go. I'm a big fan of the Jim Lee X-men but I want something different.
Something different sounds good to me.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:53 PM   #334
Peedi
The Secret Six

It’s also a difference in presentation. With XM it’s more like you’re on Facebook and they just go “oh yeah, we’re making Nightcrawler now”, “new Venom, you’ll see it when it’s finished sculpting”, it’s just casual info drops without the “hey, big announcement”. It’s just, “hey guys, we’re working on X”. So there’s more of an expectation that it isn’t finished. And like FJC said they do tease more along the way. We’ve at least seen their Rogue’s face even if there is no print yet. We’ve seen the art for their Psylocke.

Sideshow is a whole event, drumroll, wait for this announcement, and...BAM, here goes your banner. Unless they show the actual statue in the banner we don’t know diddly else as to how far along the actual statue is.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #335
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It’s also a difference in presentation. With XM it’s more like you’re on Facebook and they just go “oh yeah, we’re making Nightcrawler now”, “new Venom, you’ll see it when it’s finished sculpting”, it’s just casual info drops without the “hey, big announcement”. It’s just, “hey guys, we’re working on X”. So there’s more of an expectation that it isn’t finished. And like FJC said they do tease more along the way. We’ve at least seen their Rogue’s face even if there is no print yet. We’ve seen the art for their Psylocke.

Sideshow is a whole event, drumroll, wait for this announcement, and...BAM, here goes your banner. Unless they show the actual statue in the banner we don’t know diddly else as to how far along the actual statue is.
Exactly, sideshow likes to keep things close to the vest while companies like XM and P1 are happy to share more information with their customers. Just look at XM's 1/4 DC announcement. I already know that regardless of what sideshow does, I'll have a chance to complete my JL Big 7 lineup because XM has already announced that they are making a 1/4 Martian Manhunter. That's HUGE for me considering how notoriously bad sideshow is at completing lineups.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #336
Demona
Martian Manhunter

One week away from February 1st. Come on, Sideshow. Show us Storm in all her glory in February.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #337
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
One week away from February 1st. Come on, Sideshow. Show us Storm in all her glory in February.
Hope so to, not to jinx it, but I expect late Feb or March. Can even see them revealing it the last week of Feb and then PO the March. Hopefully i'm wrong and it's a first week reveal in Feb.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:20 PM   #338
Peedi
The Secret Six

If sideshow cares about black people or women they would fully reveal Storm for Black History Month or Women’s Month.

Lol. But, no, really.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #339
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I would happily accept a reveal in Black History Month with a PO in Women's History Month.

I keep looking at that cape. It is really long and I can't imagine it being that long for the finished statue. Makes me think that part was photoshopped into the shadow image. The body and base are all done, but the cape wasn't quite done for 12 Days. I'm not sure there is a display case deep enough if that cape is fully sculpted, so it's gotta be shorter or mixed media.

Oh and hey hey - JSC just posted up a tribute cover of Storm in the Lee suit. Sabine Rich colored it silver (boom!)
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:38 PM   #340
tonytiger
The X-Men

No sculpted cape a pass for me..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote