Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #301
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I think its awesome that you're fortunate enough to have Gentle Giant's Black Widow; however, if you want a Stealth Cap to accent her, I'm not too sure if I would choose Sideshow's. I think if you do, it's just gonna annoy you that he has the type of base you want while BW doesn't, and it might also annoy you that BW looks as if she jumped right out of the Winter Soldier movie, while SS's Cap looks like he jumped right out of a 3D animated feature.

I think if you already own one brand, then you should just stick with that brand because GG's BW was obviously meant to go with their Cap. If you go with SS's, you're gonna have conflicting bases, conflicting poses, and conflicting faces. Worst of all, and I would hope it doesn't happen, you might also have conflicting quality.

If Sideshow had a Winter Soldier Black Widow on the horizon then I could see wanting their version, but since you already own the greatest Black Widow statue out there, get GG's Cap to accent her. I'm not sure what you have against his pose as it's a classic Chris Evans pose, but if you hate stand still poses that much, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Get over the pose, get GG's Cap, pay the little extra to have his eyes done right, and be happy.
could you please make a video review of yours, it would really help me, I cant go to comic shops to view these statues, so videos help me out big time
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #302
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a vid making kinda guy. I like taking good clear pics and sharing them for everyone else to make their own judgment calls. Besides, I think if I made a video, mine would be misleading for you because I had the face redone. I think I've posted and shared more than enough precise pictures and angles so people could have a clear idea of what the sculpt, detail, paint, quality, and pose look like if they decided to purchase the piece. I even posted pictures next to GG's Iron Patriot on risers, so collectors see even more options. I realize videos help some people, but like the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #303
Choopie
Birdman

After sitting on this for a long while, I decided to pick this up. I like the low ES, the museum style pose and the shield. Hope I like the rest of it!
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #304
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

I want to get and was about to like 10 minutes ago for $320 shipped, but i want to wait and see the sideshow one in hands pic/video first
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #305
Choopie
Birdman

I was doing the same thing, waiting to see what the Sideshow PF would look like. But, honestly, I don't trust the pose on it. Nice, dynamic pose, but it's being supported by just one leg. I really don't want to drop $400 and then have it lying on its face in 6 months. So I decided to go with the more stable pose.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:38 AM   #306
Sosudective
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Finally got him. Amazing sculpture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	94078  
Sosudective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #307
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosudective View Post
Finally got him. Amazing sculpture.
Congrats ! I need to get this.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #308
ukshaun
Hercules

Having only just watched the Avengers movies, I kinda wished Captain America the statue had red and white on the waist area.

Also, Have/Did Gentle Giant create Iron Man, Hulk statues?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #309
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Having only just watched the Avengers movies, I kinda wished Captain America the statue had red and white on the waist area.

Also, Have/Did Gentle Giant create Iron Man, Hulk statues?
They can always make one from Civil War

And no they haven't made movie version 1/4 IM or Hulk. They've done mini bust movie versions and a few comic mini busts of them. Also a bookend Hulk.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:30 AM   #310
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
They can always make one from Civil War

And no they haven't made movie version 1/4 IM or Hulk. They've done mini bust movie versions and a few comic mini busts of them. Also a bookend Hulk.
If they made 1/4 Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, then i'd think about getting Captain America, as I have the excellent Black Widow.

If GG did create Iron Man, I'd prefer to see a version where Roby Downey Jr's face was on show. Or, probably asking waaay too much, a version where Roby downey Jr is stepping out of the Iron Man suit
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote