Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Does your spouse/companion support your collection?
She is very supportive 46 28.05%
She is okay about it 60 36.59%
She does not like it but puts up with it 33 20.12%
She hates it and wants me to sell everything 14 8.54%
I'm married to my collection.... 11 6.71%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #21
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by modus View Post
If it was an issue I wouldn't buy them. There are more important things than statues.
There sure are...like my car collections.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #22
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
My wife tolerates it but secretly hates it......well sometimes not so secretly. Nothing that the occasional Coach purse won't fix though.
are we married to the same person? A coach purse or some jewelry sure goes a long way! My wife goes back and forth between very supportive and okay with it. Early on she was very supportive. When we met, I had actually quit collecting completely and had not bought anything comic related in years. I always joke with her that she opened Pandora’s box when she bought me some action figures for our first Christmas together. She saw the passion I had for the genre and loved seeing me so happy so she fed the monster and now I just can’t stop eating. She just told me the other day about the time (when we were engaged) that I told her I had to move a few comics after we moved into our first apartment. She said she figured I had maybe a box or so but was floored when she saw long boxes stacked to the ceiling Now she more or less tolerates it. She always tells me that as long as it doesn’t impact the checking account and we don’t go into any debt all things are good. She still picks up items for me (she has found most of my Hulk swag for the Avengers movie) but has slowed on trying to buy me surprise items as she knows how hard it is to get me something I don’t have.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mine is very supportive, and enjoys all this stuff too. I got her into all this stuff (comic cons too) by getting statues from movies and tv shows that she likes (Buffy!!!) and taking trips to meet her favorite actors. She grew up watching a lot of "guy" movies (terminator, predator, star wars) so maybe I'm lucky. Besides, her extra work pretty much pays for this hobby.

When I told her that I put in the order for the Legendary Wolf Predator, she said "thanks!" and "you're the best husband!"
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
Enomis
Blue Falcon

I'm very lucky with my wife, sometimes she push me to the "buy it now" button !

for example last month we have take the Toynami 1:1 BatCowl and now she press me for getting the Joker Nicholson 1:1 Bust.

The most important thing for us is display the pieces in a good way cause our house must remain nice to the eyes (even to who is not a collector) and not a sad and small toy shop ... so first the display case and then the statue
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
TX_Boy_210
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
She doesn't say much about it but I wouldn't say she encourages me. I feel she really thinks it is a waste but does not say anything against it. I often feel a little guilty buying statues tho. They don't really do much except stand there and look fantastic and it is only me that gets the enjoyment. Guilt or not, I buy them anyway.
Thats hilarious! Im the same way. I guess I have been collecting since we got together. 6 yrs now. So as much as she enjoys them too I think she gets burned out on me saving up for them. But hey I don't stop her from buying her Coach and Victoria Secret lines. Well honestly I couldn't if I wanted to. But I always remind her my collection appreciates while her bags deteriorate. That ends the discussion every time.
TX_Boy_210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

As long as the bills and rent are paid on time, then its no problem.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
Spazzy
Hercules

She is ok with it, she used to hate it, rarely supports it. She likes the statues more than my toys though.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
U work your a$$ off, what is the point if u cant indulge within reason?My wife understands this, she also understands that i save , where people spend money on drinks and other temporary satisfactions, i spend it on something more permanent.
and that's hookers! oh right, ... statues.

johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #29
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
There sure are...like my car collections.
+1

Plus me wife fights w/me on who's peaces are who's "I win 99.9% of the time" !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
leplant
Deadman

My wife threatens divorce over my collecting constantly, but she never follows through. I may have to get in to life size Star Wars ship props before she makes good.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote