Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-24-2006, 04:19 AM   #21
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I came to SDCC with an almost completely empty portfolio (out of 40 slots, only 7 had art in them, and those were just to show to some people). I was joking with my friend Frank about our mission being to fill up the portfolio by the end of the show. It turned out the joke was on us, as we managed to do it (with much thanks to Ron Lim for burning the midnight oil on Sunday night). I personally picked up 25 new pieces, ranging in price from $40 up to about $500 a piece. As soon as I get home and have time to take pics and post them to my Comicartfans gallery, I'll let everyone know
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #22
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
I came to SDCC with an almost completely empty portfolio (out of 40 slots, only 7 had art in them, and those were just to show to some people). I was joking with my friend Frank about our mission being to fill up the portfolio by the end of the show. It turned out the joke was on us, as we managed to do it (with much thanks to Ron Lim for burning the midnight oil on Sunday night). I personally picked up 25 new pieces, ranging in price from $40 up to about $500 a piece. As soon as I get home and have time to take pics and post them to my Comicartfans gallery, I'll let everyone know

Now that is cool. Can't wait to see them. Being on the other side of the pond i have never been to a comicon but next year i'm thinking about going. Am i right in thinking the SDCC is the biggest and the best?
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #23
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Did you win the lottery!!!!!

You well spetn over a grand. Man I'm in the wrong business
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #24
superash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob
Now that is cool. Can't wait to see them. Being on the other side of the pond i have never been to a comicon but next year i'm thinking about going. Am i right in thinking the SDCC is the biggest and the best?

I also have never been to one, but would like to go too. Not sure which one is the biggest but I think SDCC would be the one I would want to go to.
superash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #25
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Did you win the lottery!!!!!

You well spetn over a grand. Man I'm in the wrong business

you and me both!

Galactus, you should open up a studio with all the art you have!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Word G. Heh. I felt I had to do the same thing.

That Bill Sienkiewicz commision I got is definately one of the centerpieces of my collection right now...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #27
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Word G. Heh. I felt I had to do the same thing.

That Bill Sienkiewicz commision I got is definately one of the centerpieces of my collection right now...
wow - i wonder how many times im going to hear about bill sienkiewicz on the boards now - not enough u said his name every 7 secs since u got that damn piece

Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #28
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
wow - i wonder how many times im going to hear about bill sienkiewicz on the boards now - not enough u said his name every 7 secs since u got that damn piece

your just mad that Galactus had to cut your dinner into small pieces for you at Bocas...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #29
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Angry

got a scan? i tried to get one through several people but no luck!!!!
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #30
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
your just mad that Galactus had to cut your dinner into small pieces for you at Bocas...
oooo Bill Sienkiewicz this
oooo Bill Sienkiewicz that

who has 2 chrome silver surfer busts ????

15 minutes beyotch !
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote