Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I feel ya cb ... I would be miffed as well ... hope it works out.

Note to self - remember this thread when doing commission artwork
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane
Nice piece , but if you paid to commission it it should be your original 1 of a kind piece .

I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant
I feel ya cb ... I would be miffed as well ... hope it works out.

Note to self - remember this thread when doing commission artwork

You said it...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #23
cblakey1
Cyclops

I talked to Scott. Everything is squared away. Turns out he sells the pencil sketches (significantly smaller versions in *rough* draft). I am getting a larger, original inked piece. Guess I just jumped the gun when I saw it was on the 'Bay. Matter of fact, when he showed it to me the other night, he said in the email he was putting it on eBay and that important piece of information must've gone over my head.

He's really a good guy and his final pieces are second to none. I feel really bad that I misunderstood the process.

--- a little history of my skepticism ---

My wife and I once commissioned a pastel portrait of our pugs from a kiosk in a mall. Y'know, the ones that sell pastel prints of cute animals, Madonna, Dead rap stars, Tony Montana, and Lady Di? Well, this piece cost us out the nose and as we were strolling by the kiosk months later, we saw prints of our dogs hanging up for sale! Turns out the pics of cute animals are someone's real pets! Anyway, my wife gave them an earful and called their headquarters saying we want commission on every piece they sold. Well, they said they wouldn't sell them and removed the pics from all their stores. From that moment forward, I've been pretty wary of original art commissions.

Anyway.. Scott is a stand up guy and I'm trying to figure out what I want for my next commission. This time, knowing what I'm getting.

He's gonna be at the Chicago Comicon in a few weeks. If anyone is going.. stop by and tell him what a dork I am for raising a stink!
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote