Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
create an alter-ego
my thought exactly
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #12
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Well I played hard ball, and I got an email with a $50 increase from my offer so I excepted it, and the 6 pages will be mine.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #13
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN
Buzz drew/inked, a great Spider-Woman for me at the last Apple-Con. It has a great ink-wash shadow effect. I can't scan it until Galactus gets back from Chicago, to let you see it. Also since you're talking about it, I brought my Spider-Woman bust to work, and have it on display in my office.
I look forward to seeing the Spider-Woman page. Although I stay away from Buzz I had some choice experiences with Buzz.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #14
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Your other problem is with the amatuer S-W fan. Anyone seriously wanting to start a collection should know now not to bother as you have the definitive collection. However that little guy who is lucky enough to come across just one cover and is satisfied to leave it at that is going to be hard to budge.

In respect of the dealers you could steadily take down the pages you have to pretend they are being sold; lets face it no on would believe you would shift a cover. But it might get them to believe you are not that interested in pages as you were.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #15
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
I look forward to seeing the Spider-Woman page. Although I stay away from Buzz I had some choice experiences with Buzz.
hey mike, elaborate if you will. PM if you must, i've thought at several cons about getting a commission from him. thanks.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint
hey mike, elaborate if you will. PM if you must, i've thought at several cons about getting a commission from him. thanks.
I'm pretty sure I told this story before. Buzz is not to be trusted when it comes to getting things through the mail. I won a Black Canary Splash off of Ebay, and as soon as I won and then paid for the auction he was kicked off of Ebay. His real name is Aldren Aw, so at the time I did not know who he was. So after a month and many emails of him saying that it was sent out it never came. I got his phone number through Ebay and he answered, he said it was the DC mail room's fault they did not send it out. I told him that I worked in Law Enforcement and I received the page overnighted the next day.

I was stupid enough to buy something else from him from Ebay a Storm Pinup. It never came it never came, it never came, I emailed, I emailed, I emailed. He said oh it just came back to me Fed Exed and they did something to it it got slimed or something. But I re sent it............(((((((What you resent a ruined piece of art that I paid $160 for......You got to be F'ing kidding me. I got the piece and it has this gray all over it where someone spilled something on it.

So that is my story.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #17
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Jeez, he's always been nice to me. But then again I'm a scary person. I will send you a pick of it when I can, OK.
If you get him when he's sober, he's as nice as pie. But if he's high, drunk, or just plain tired from the previous night, he can be a real prick.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

c'mon mb, other people like SW also ... share the love - you can't have it all (or is that your goal?) LOL
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #19
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

i feel your pain marvelboi
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
rychehitman
Galactus

you know, it sucks that once you reveal your love for a character, there are those people that try to jack their prices up.

Rarely do you find people that want to genuenly help you find pieces of your favorite character. Luckily, there seems to be a large percentage of these people here on the forum!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote