Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #71
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Second coming of Christ??!!! I'm lost for words now.
If it's due to your religious beliefs.. I'm a Christian, myself. I'm a soloist for a large church, for crap's sake.

If I offended you, my apologies.. but.. my statement's no less accurate.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #72
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Some that spout poetry too.

I'm usually beardless.. it just grows back quick... German heritage? I'm exempt.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #73
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
If it's due to your religious beliefs.. I'm a Christian, myself. I'm a soloist for a large church, for crap's sake.

If I offended you, my apologies.. but.. my statement's no less accurate.
Absolutely no offense! I completely understood your analogy and sarcasm. By the way, I'm not Christian or monotheist whatsoever.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Absolutely no offense! I completely understood your analogy and sarcasm. By the way, I'm not Christian or monotheist whatsoever.
No harm done.. most of my friends don't practice any religion whatsoever.

I could've been killed instantly a few years ago by an eye injury, but I wasn't... I figured that was as good a reason as any to reacquaint myself with my childhood faith.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #75
tigertank1225
Teen Titans

I thought last night show was the best so for...and thats only because of all the old books that came in the store...from the fireside trades to that guys golden age collection.

....Even though I do find the show a bit bad...I almost feel like it's my duty to watch...support anything that promos comics.
tigertank1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #76
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertank1225 View Post
I thought last night show was the best so for...and thats only because of all the old books that came in the store...from the fireside trades to that guys golden age collection.

....Even though I do find the show a bit bad...I almost feel like it's my duty to watch...support anything that promos comics.
I'm sort of in the same camp... I like it enough to watch again - but I don't think it's a great show by any means.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #77
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Do they actually need 4 guys to run that store? These days the only time I see more than 2+ clerks in a comic store is during Free Comic Book day or event days. Usually it's one clerk behind the counter at a shop that size in So. Cal that I've seen.

Exactly what does the annoying bearded guy do there, is he an actual paid employee?
He's not an employee - he just hangs out there.

Quote:
I just hope that the show has done sooo bad that AMC would be smart enough not to give it another season. I dread the thought of a second season.
Why do you dread the thought? Just don't tune in.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #78
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I told someone who knows I'm "into" comics that I dislike the show, and she said it's because it's not "you guys" (meaning us, here on SF) hosting the show.
Ugh.. she's watched one or two of them, just because it's on right after WD. I almost wish she'd immediately change the channel and not watch that sh!t. Out of my buds, I'm the only one that collects comics, so that ---- misrepresents my time wasted on here.

I think the forum is filled with personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
My god, this show is TERRIBLE! I find myself fast forwarding through everything except when someone comes in to sell something. Even then, it's difficult to watch. I feel like going down to the store and punching some of those idiots in the face. Hmmmm, think that would get on the show???

Is this one of those Howard Stern things where people who hate the show actually listen to it for longer than those who reported liking the show?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #79
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I think the forum is filled with personalities.
I agree; I love this gin joint.
She didn't mean harm by it.. just givin' me grief.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #80
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Knowing some of the morons that share this hobby with us, I'm sure "other forums" think the show's equal to the Second Coming of Christ.

I've tried two similar (to SF) forums out over the years, and the thing SF has over them in spades is... sheep here are kept to a minimum. I get on one maybe twice a year, and tried the other out for a day years ago, and haven't been back. Lots of "bearded fools" on that one.

I think what's particularly cool about this forum is the longevity and support of its membership. Many of us were around when our kids were born, when we triumphed over life's hardships, as well as when we scored some big time purchases. This forum's members aren't generally competitive with one another, which makes a big difference, and what likely sets this place apart from most forums where tempers might run high. And, we offer babysitting duties for Underdog's wife so we can be quite thoughtful too.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote