Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
dtwang
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Sideshow exclusive prints

Wht do you do with them? I thought about framing them and place it behind the statues themselves, but they all come in different sizes so I am not sure if that would look good together. And of course there's the thought of removing them later on to make room or new statues in the future.

Should I even bother diplaying them or just keep them in the box?
dtwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwang View Post
Wht do you do with them? I thought about framing them and place it behind the statues themselves, but they all come in different sizes so I am not sure if that would look good together. And of course there's the thought of removing them later on to make room or new statues in the future.

Should I even bother diplaying them or just keep them in the box?
A few of them I am framing for display and the others I keep in the box. Honestly man, I would put up the ones that you really enjoy. Adding a frame to some of them enhances how cool they are IMO.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
A few of them I am framing for display and the others I keep in the box. Honestly man, I would put up the ones that you really enjoy. Adding a frame to some of them enhances how cool they are IMO.
I reprint them on 13x19 paper and display them.

benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
I reprint them on 13x19 paper and display them.
That's a really cool idea.

Personally, I only have two EX prints (from the Rogue and Psylocke comiquettes) and I've had them both framed and mounted. They're roughly the same size and look great next to each other on the wall.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Spazzy
Hercules

I keep them in a pile or sell them usually get a nice amount for them especially when the AH line first released them since then they don't go for as much $25-$50 depending I am not a huge fan of displaying prints especially if they are small like most of these. I have big walls and they need big pictures. Most are really nice though and I do like to look at them once in awhile
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

i dont put them in the box i put them in a atoya binder along with other prints. but the whole idea of turning them into 13x19 is not bad. but how do you do it to keep the quality
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
benhernandez

I used the blue print scanner that we have at work. scan them in at 1200 dpi and then use a large format printer.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
I used the blue print scanner that we have at work. scan them in at 1200 dpi and then use a large format printer.
1200 dpi is a bit overkill, not sure how fast the process is, if it doesnt take long then ignore me, but 600dpi is fine for bumping something up, less chug, smaller file size, great quality still.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
benhernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
1200 dpi is a bit overkill, not sure how fast the process is, if it doesnt take long then ignore me, but 600dpi is fine for bumping something up, less chug, smaller file size, great quality still.
Takes me about 1 minute to scan a 36x24 sheet. The file size is huge but the quality is freaking awesome.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
nodakskip
Birdman

Quote:
Takes me about 1 minute to scan a 36x24 sheet. The file size is huge but the quality is freaking awesome.
Sounds cool. I would love to get a poster sized one of the AH Emma Frost. I have been able to do a few scans here and there. I have a copy of the cover of Bloodstone #4 blow up to 24x36. I think it gives a nice hot female Indiana Jones type vibe.

Also some sites scan the newest comics in at a very high res. I got a large scan and poster from the Ed Benes DC Online Legends 3 of Wonder Woman and the last cover of Powergirl 27.
nodakskip is offline   Reply With Quote