Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #41
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
I actually like the revised butt better but agree that it really shouldn't have been changed from what was first shown us though I'm also glad that it was. The first outfit looked like it would be uncomfortably tight to me. Kept feeling I wanted to pull it out of her crack for her if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean! But I can think of other things to do better than that, if you know what I mean
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #42
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate82 View Post
Rogue was the very epitome of a letdown. It's easy to forget now but at the time of her announcement (and right up until her release) she created a real buzz and an unmatched sense of anticipation.

As I recall it:

* She was the most-wanted X-Men PF for many (myself included)
* The WIP video SSC posted really whetted people's appetites
* Following her announcement, Gambit PFs suddenly became hard to find and rocketed in value on the Bay
* The EX sold out in a matter of hours
* Her showing at SDCC was a success, especially after shots of the prototype's tush started to appear
* People were genuinely, properly upset when she was delayed
* The waitlist was taken down a good month (or more) before she'd even shipped
* People were posting on the forums, both here and elsewhere, about wanting to buy people's unwanted EXs - for well above retail - in a desperate attempt to get their hands on one.

In short, the level of excitement and expectation was huge. Then she shipped and collector's faces worldwide fell in horror as we were forced to come to terms with the fact we'd wasted over $300 on a complete turkey. And then, of course, there was the business with the replacement heads....

If Rogue gets mentioned too much it's because collectors don't ever - and shouldn't ever - have to go through that rigmarole again and are, rightfully, fearful of the next debacle of that magnitude. She went from being, potentially, the greatest grail in the X-Men PF line to the standard bearer for bad QC practices across the board. People won't forget that for a while, IMO.
Damn fine post. When Rogue came out, I was willing to be satisfied with the final product. Sure, it wasn't what we expected, but it was still a decent statue. Hearing the backlash from all the slighted collectors, however, quickly changed my tune. As a paying customer, why should I be satisfied with a sub-par presentation of what was promised? You hit the nail on the head about how collectors shouldn't have to endure this crap again. I don't care about all the Rogue comments because we should never stop holding these companies to higher standards - especially since they are holding us to increasingly higher prices.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #43
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post

I know exactly what you mean! But I can think of other things to do better than that, if you know what I mean
Haven't got a clue.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #44
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
I actually like the revised butt better but agree that it really shouldn't have been changed from what was first shown us though I'm also glad that it was. The first outfit looked like it would be uncomfortably tight to me. Kept feeling I wanted to pull it out of her crack for her if you know what I mean.
you mean you don't like this better?
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #45
johnclone
The Enchantress

Well played, sir.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 AM   #46
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Apocalypse View Post
you mean you don't like this better?
... I think I stand erected ...I mean corrected.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #47
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
While I agree with Modus, I'm sick of hearing about her in every thread, your statement above was about the greatest description I could possibly think of!!!

Very well done
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Damn fine post. When Rogue came out, I was willing to be satisfied with the final product. Sure, it wasn't what we expected, but it was still a decent statue. Hearing the backlash from all the slighted collectors, however, quickly changed my tune. As a paying customer, why should I be satisfied with a sub-par presentation of what was promised? You hit the nail on the head about how collectors shouldn't have to endure this crap again. I don't care about all the Rogue comments because we should never stop holding these companies to higher standards - especially since they are holding us to increasingly higher prices.
Thank you to you both. I appreciate the kind words.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #48
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-M-T View Post
Wasn't a homerun is an overstatement. Lol.
more like, someone beat it to get a home run
toe is offline   Reply With Quote