curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Zero interest.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
Not loving the Wonder Woman. The two hair streaks seem to cover her face even more now. I feel like there would be a lot of shadows.

I can't believe there hasn't been a Harley Quinn variant yet! She's got so many different costumes and her popularity is ridiculously high right now.
Honestly, they are probably basing it off how well the original Harley PF sold. Which it did alright. It probably didn't sell as quick as some of the other DC PFs. I am a huge fan of the character, but didn't get the PF. I just don't like it. AND I am a huge fan of the original costume. I didn't like the portraits or pose. I think quite a few people were underwhelmed with it. Nothing against the artists, I am sure they had direction.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:40 AM   #23
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Actually really like the Quinn pf.

Honestly I have zero interest in these red son pf's. Would be interesting if they were new sculpts.....but it's just a waste of space to display red son Wonder Woman and reg Wonder Woman. They need to slow down and stop these varients. Take some time on a statue instead of pushing out 4 crappy qc ones
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #24
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

How many people are going to spend over $400 for an Elseworld version of WW and Supes? Red Son was a great read, but I wouldn't want symbols of communism in my home.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #25
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
How many people are going to spend over $400 for an Elseworld version of WW and Supes? Red Son was a great read, but I wouldn't want symbols of communism in my home.
Haha why are people so easily upset with symbolism. I'll be buying WW for sure and maybe Supes as the portrait looks great and loving the costume. My wife is from Moscow so it will make her feel more at home.

I hope he is holding a hammer and she a sickle.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:40 AM   #26
Peedi
The Secret Six

The only thing I don't understand is how the front hair strands flow in one direction but her whole mass of hair in the back is completely blowing in the wind in the opposite direction...

Seems to me the new front strands should flow in the same direction as the rest of the hair. I could be wrong...?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:44 AM   #27
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Haha why are people so easily upset with symbolism. I'll be buying WW for sure and maybe Supes as the portrait looks great and loving the costume. My wife is from Moscow so it will make her feel more at home.

I hope he is holding a hammer and she a sickle.
Maybe not upset, but everybody has their own preferences.

It's like Red Skull for me. I ordered the Allied Cap because I like Cap and Avengers in general. Red Skull is the intended companion piece, and as a long time comic reader I enjoy Red Skull as an excellent villain, and it makes sense since I like Cap. I have numerous comics with him in them but I just don't want his Nazi symbolism in my home to the degree of displaying a statue of him. It doesn't bother me so much as it's just not for me. I wouldn't knock anybody else for buying him though, it's just a character...unless they bought him because they share his ideals.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #28
skorpsta
Ghost

looks great... but its a pass for me...i dont mind the same sculpt...but not a fan of this
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #29
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Really, WW is a straight repaint with an added flag, belt and skirt (which we are sure bc we cant see her legs)? Supes get a new face and you know Bats get a whole new look. However WW is the same damn statue?

Oh I lied, they also moved two strands of hair down along her face. My bad.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #30
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Really, WW is a straight repaint with an added flag, belt and skirt (which we are sure bc we cant see her legs)? Supes get a new face and you know Bats get a whole new look. However WW is the same damn statue?

Oh I lied, they also moved two strands of hair down along her face. My bad.
Since she doesn't have a removable head (no collar to hide the seam) I'm not sure how they could redo the face without needing a whole new body mold?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote