Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #1001
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakelite View Post
So I shouldn't worry about setting a calendar update to wake me up at 12:00 AM on the morning of? I was planning on doing that lol.
Doubtful you'll need to, should be available, especially with the price increase. Don't listen to CBG though, Bane has long been in demand. If the price is right and you like it go ahead and order. Better to do that then wait, suddenly miss out and regret it.

If it's something I need the EX on and the price doesn't kill me I prefer to just get it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #1002
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Was kind of hoping for a 2017 PO. This seems too soon.
Just wait till January/February to PO him. He will still be there to order.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #1003
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This will have ES similar to wolverine vs hulk for the EX. I will say 2,500+ For the EX, with another 3-4K regular versions. My guess on price is $699, same as DP. The EX will be available until production pieces are released. You have at least a year to order and will likely have some kind of discount down the line. This is a great statue, but absolutely no need to order quickly. When a piece is this good from SS I call them the uncollectable collectibles because production will greatly outweigh demand. If this was an XM or Prime 1 statue it would have to be a day 1 (Within 6 hours) type order.

since I started collecting SS has went from must order immediately to get EX, to being safe as long as you ordered on day 1, to order within three months, to waiting for the actual production to be released, to finally waiting for $50 to $100 discount to order after a month or two of it being in stock. It is a shame because SS is doing some of their best work right now.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:26 AM   #1004
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
This will have ES similar to wolverine vs hulk for the EX. I will say 2,500+ For the EX, with another 3-4K regular versions. My guess on price is $699, same as DP. The EX will be available until production pieces are released. You have at least a year to order and will likely have some kind of discount down the line. This is a great statue, but absolutely no need to order quickly. When a piece is this good from SS I call them the uncollectable collectibles because production will greatly outweigh demand. If this was an XM or Prime 1 statue it would have to be a day 1 (Within 6 hours) type order.

since I started collecting SS has went from must order immediately to get EX, to being safe as long as you ordered on day 1, to order within three months, to waiting for the actual production to be released, to finally waiting for $50 to $100 discount to order after a month or two of it being in stock. It is a shame because SS is doing some of their best work right now.
Wow I exactly how I see it. You speak the truth still prices rise so fast it's insane to keep up.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #1005
AC_808
Hercules

The ES doesn't bother me much. Its the price that'll have the most impact on me.

The price will have to be worth the statue ...and at the same time ...the statue worth the price.

If the price is too much for the statue, then I'm not buying. I can put that money on other statues from P1 and/or XM.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #1006
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:

Don't get people like you. Don't like Sideshows practices, GO BUY XM OR PRIME 1 STUFF!. People like you make things harder than they have to be. Personally, their price points are too retarded for me to comprehend, but collectors don't mind jumping into their arms, so good for them.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #1007
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Don't get people like you. Don't like Sideshows practices, GO BUY XM OR PRIME 1 STUFF!. People like you make things harder than they have to be. Personally, their price points are too retarded for me to comprehend, but collectors don't mind jumping into their arms, so good for them.
Well with 10+ years collecting and over 50 PF's I have seen a lot of SS practices. many collectors on this board are in denial with SS.

Higher prices+huge ES's+more competition = lots of inventory.

Lots of inventory = discounts to move inventory

Discounts to move inventory = makes prices on the after market nosedive

Collectors not being able to move older statues = less space and money for new statues

So in around about way you are right. XM is not the biggest up and coming competitor for SS. Prime 1 gets most of my attention nowadays. My point was SS has never had better QC or better looking statues in general. If they want to compete at prime 1 and XM prices they better lower their ES's and more importantly announce the ES the day of preorder. The fact that I can wait 12 months to decide on a SS statue, gives compeitors 12 extra months to show something that I like better. At that point the SS statue I was thinking about ordering gets pushed to the background for the newer stuff. SS needs collectors to commit early with a deposit so we are not tempted by next great thing.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #1008
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Well with 10+ years collecting and over 50 PF's I have seen a lot of SS practices. many collectors on this board are in denial with SS.

Higher prices+huge ES's+more competition = lots of inventory.

Lots of inventory = discounts to move inventory

Discounts to move inventory = makes prices on the after market nosedive

Collectors not being able to move older statues = less space and money for new statues

So in around about way you are right. XM is not the biggest up and coming competitor for SS. Prime 1 gets most of my attention nowadays. My point was SS has never had better QC or better looking statues in general. If they want to compete at prime 1 and XM prices they better lower their ES's and more importantly announce the ES the day of preorder. The fact that I can wait 12 months to decide on a SS statue, gives compeitors 12 extra months to show something that I like better. At that point the SS statue I was thinking about ordering gets pushed to the background for the newer stuff. SS needs collectors to commit early with a deposit so we are not tempted by next great thing.
Why should they? They still are selling out of the EX before they do any real discount on most of them. They may have to discount the Reg, which they can do without it effecting the profits that much.

Fact is everyone saying "Lower your ES", yet they still sell through.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #1009
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Just wait till January/February to PO him. He will still be there to order.
Agreed. I'm thinking the price point will mean he'll be around. Or at the very least, I just jump on the waitlist if he sells out.

Holidays, man. Funds are dedicated to other things this time of year.

Besides, we'll probably not see this guy until 2018.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #1010
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just hope the EX isn't very good so can score a cheap regular down the road.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote