Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #411
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I have faith in XM Studios and if they showed it they will come through and implement it. Sure it might cost them more money to get it painted but if done right and it comes out like the prototype or better this will be an instant masterpiece people will be talking about for years to come.

This is pre Wolverine as Weapon X so the subject matter deserves everything possible to make it a masterpiece. I said it before and I will say it again this piece will go down as one of thee greatest XM Studio pieces ever. They will not disappoint and like many others said I feel the water effect is a must have. Pay top dollar to a factory to produce this bad boy because in the end your brand name will greatly benefit from creating a masterpiece.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #412
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

you got killer instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
I have faith in XM Studios and if they showed it they will come through and implement it. Sure it might cost them more money to get it painted but if done right and it comes out like the prototype or better this will be an instant masterpiece people will be talking about for years to come.

This is pre Wolverine as Weapon X so the subject matter deserves everything possible to make it a masterpiece. I said it before and I will say it again this piece will go down as one of thee greatest XM Studio pieces ever. They will not disappoint and like many others said I feel the water effect is a must have. Pay top dollar to a factory to produce this bad boy because in the end your brand name will greatly benefit from creating a masterpiece.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:48 AM   #413
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Water effect is an absolute must. XM would only pull it if the community didn't like it, there's no way they'd have shown it with such a significant feature if they remotely thought it couldn't be reproduced. That would be really dumb, and this company is proving more and more that dumb is something they ain't!
Just preparing all you guys that have interest in this to have tempered expectations. There is a huge challenge to the water effect and one of the main concerns is due to discoloration as time goes on. There are other factors too, and just because XM painted it for STGCC doesn't mean it can't change after PO. Remember, this hasn't been put up officially on XM website for PO, and until that time, this can change.

And if the water isn't on the final product, it's not dumb...it's disappointing. XM would not sacrifice longevity for short time eye candy. If the integrity of the statue will be compromised, then they will not do it. Give them credit for that.

This company is still growing and evolving constantly, and mistakes or adjustments occasionally have to be made (Phoenix head gate anyone?).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #414
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

the unmasked portrait hair should be redone if they are doing the wet look , otherwise it can remain the same
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #415
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

We had both dry and wet protos in the house and showed it to Kris and Charles as well as the other guests. 100% everyone wanted us to show the wet version and that in the event there's no wet version they would still be happy with it.

But the thing is this. If we showed the Wet version - then that's gonna be what the final product looks like. We're not sure 100% how to make it happen but we will get this wet thing done.

Worse case scenario, all Weapon X ships with a bottle of water.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:18 AM   #416
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post

But the thing is this. If we showed the Wet version - then that's gonna be what the final product looks like. We're not sure 100% how to make it happen but we will get this wet thing done.
The wet imo makes this piece. It's on a level that I have never seen any other statue on ever! I'm sure dry looked nice, but this piece is insanely good due in large part to that water effect.

I feel confident in what you said above. Now that I know this, you have 100% earned a sale from me! I'm ecstatic to PO!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #417
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
I love you guys so much!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #418
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

XM Studios...you guys make us so happyyyyyyy...crazy boys !!! Thanks a looot!!! Awesome company !! The statue itself is completely amazing, but this water effect is the Waouw level the waouw effect...the question his.... man, how did they achive to do such an effect ...we have never seen stuff like that before...
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #419
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
We had both dry and wet protos in the house and showed it to Kris and Charles as well as the other guests. 100% everyone wanted us to show the wet version and that in the event there's no wet version they would still be happy with it.

thats great to hear, but how about what loric stated above regarding discoloration over time? is that a real concern of yours? thx
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #420
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:

Please don't..Not with the current shipping prices..
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote