Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #121
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I've seen breasts that look like that. They don't bother me. The paint application just seems to have sucked the life out of this piece.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #122
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I've seen breasts that look like that. They don't bother me. The paint application just seems to have sucked the life out of this piece.
The paint app is fine

Seriously... it is. Lots of people have said for $500 they want more than fine. Ok, I get it. But that's not what this piece is. There is nothing wrong with anything on this statue. It's fine. Does everyone want more? Sure. Is it the iconic piece that I was saying it was going to be? Probably not. But it's not horrible or a slap in the face to collectors everywhere. It's not an abomination set in resin... it's just "fine". Now make your mind up... do you want to pay $500 for naked and fine or do you want to spend you money on something else. Either way, Arahoms still staying in business and making more statues. Because guess what... good enough, at least so far, has been good enough.

If you dont like the paint, get the unpainted on and hire a painter. That's my 2 cents.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #123
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'll keep my money on this one and hope for better statues in the future. Anti-venom will cost me a pretty penny when that drops anyway. At least now I'll have some extra moolah for it.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #124
vitreolum
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
The paint app is fine

Seriously... it is. Lots of people have said for $500 they want more than fine. Ok, I get it. But that's not what this piece is. There is nothing wrong with anything on this statue. It's fine. Does everyone want more? Sure. Is it the iconic piece that I was saying it was going to be? Probably not. But it's not horrible or a slap in the face to collectors everywhere. It's not an abomination set in resin... it's just "fine". Now make your mind up... do you want to pay $500 for naked and fine or do you want to spend you money on something else. Either way, Arahoms still staying in business and making more statues. Because guess what... good enough, at least so far, has been good enough.

If you dont like the paint, get the unpainted on and hire a painter. That's my 2 cents.
Well what can I say? If you think fine is good enough then so be it. I myself would rather see excellent pieces like they've done in the past (which were actually cheaper than this, despite the tons of details on armors), than supporting overpriced mediocrity.

It's not what this piece is, but it's what it should be.

I wonder though if having worst reputation in this business is good enough? Possibly being near bankruptcy? Not being able to ship out orders you have in had/fix broken statues? Heck, not being able to communicate with your customers at least to tell them it's their fault and you were doing them a favor?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see them fail. Quite the opposite. I want to see more excellent status in the future. But what they're doing is absolutely baffling.
vitreolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #125
The13thWarlock

Quote:
I'll keep my money on this one and hope for better statues in the future. Anti-venom will cost me a pretty penny when that drops anyway. At least now I'll have some extra moolah for it.
I think I'll be getting this, but in what form I'm not sure yet. I really like the concept and sculpt but like people have said, it's losing something in the painting. I already reached outhbto Jonathan Dewar to get a price on painting it but he's busy till the summer. This might actually work out with payment plans to ARH.

Speaking of John... have you seen Lilith? I keep checking it out but haven't made my mind up yet. I'm not in love with it.... I was expecting something a bit more sexy and with hair... but it's not that much $ and I might pick it up just to support him and his continuation of 1:4 scale statues. As always, the pose and anatomy are flawless.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #126
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitreolum View Post
Well what can I say? If you think fine is good enough then so be it. I myself would rather see excellent pieces like they've done in the past (which were actually cheaper than this, despite the tons of details on armors), than supporting overpriced mediocrity.

It's not what this piece is, but it's what it should be.

I wonder though if having worst reputation in this business is good enough? Possibly being near bankruptcy? Not being able to ship out orders you have in had/fix broken statues? Heck, not being able to communicate with your customers at least to tell them it's their fault and you were doing them a favor?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see them fail. Quite the opposite. I want to see more excellent status in the future. But what they're doing is absolutely baffling.
ARH is a long way from bankruptcy. They are working around the clock churning out statues. I actually reached out to Arahom to see if I could commission a propainted version of Eve and he had to say no because he was too busy. If he was going bankrupt he would have made the time to pick up a few more bucks.

ARH isn't going bankrupt. They are churning out prepaid statues as fast as they can cast and paint them and no one there has a free minute. Say what you want about what you want, but ARH is making money daily.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #127
vitreolum
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

If you read what I wrote, it says possibly. I haven't a clue if they have financial issues or not (and you're just guessing as I am), or if they're making money daily or not... and I couldn't care less. It's the least relevant part of my post. Although, if they're not, they should ship those damned statues people are waiting (and paid) for, instead of churning out said statues. The fact that they're not shipping is what makes me incline towards financial issues.
vitreolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #128
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I think I'll be getting this, but in what form I'm not sure yet. I really like the concept and sculpt but like people have said, it's losing something in the painting. I already reached outhbto Jonathan Dewar to get a price on painting it but he's busy till the summer. This might actually work out with payment plans to ARH.

Speaking of John... have you seen Lilith? I keep checking it out but haven't made my mind up yet. I'm not in love with it.... I was expecting something a bit more sexy and with hair... but it's not that much $ and I might pick it up just to support him and his continuation of 1:4 scale statues. As always, the pose and anatomy are flawless.
I have reached out to Jonathan. He will be taking some additional photos, and sending them to me next week. The ones he has posted are too dark or heavily altered for me to make a decision. Breastplate is removable, but he didn't confirm if the bottoms were. By not confirming, I am going to assume the answer is nothing is sculpted beneath them, but they probably can be removed.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #129
The13thWarlock

Quote:
I have reached out to Jonathan. He will be taking some additional photos, and sending them to me next week. The ones he has posted are too dark or heavily altered for me to make a decision. Breastplate is removable, but he didn't confirm if the bottoms were. By not confirming, I am going to assume the answer is nothing is sculpted beneath them, but they probably can be removed.
I know what you mean about the pics. Please post them up when he sends them to you. I'm in the same boat as you with not being able to get a real feel for the statue. I felt a little stupid considering there was 16 pictures of the thing!!! As for the bottoms, I'd need to talk to him about it too. I'm pretty sure it's fully sculpted. I don't think he would take a short cut like that. I'm not a fan of the bottoms anyway so I'd definitely want to display the model without them. It looks like the top is actually two pieces connected with two sets of chains. This looked a little cumbersome to me but they are both kind of cool pieces so I would almost hate to display her without them.

I'd probably pick up Cleopatra before Lilith... and take some more time to decide before I actually pull the trigger.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #130
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I was looking at the photos on the web site and I think a couple of the photos not posted here yet show things that aren't evident in the straight on shot. First I think this side shot shows that really the anatomy is very good IMO. Also from this angle it doesn't look like there is any issue with the apple "floating". It is probably one of those deals where in person it doesn't look the same and looks good as far as apple position in the hand.

Second, this photo shows the red underside of the snake and also the red under black transluscence of the black snake skin. It still isn't as cool as it would be in person but I have seen this technique on other kits and in person it really is impressive.

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote