Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-04-2024, 01:35 PM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sideshow had to get on the Weapon X train. I’m not shocked by this.
I hope the rest looks good as the hand pose doesn’t bother me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:36 PM   #22
MPCanes
The X-Men

Canale shared it on his FB, so assuming he's involved.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:36 PM   #23
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Another Wolverine? Not sure about Weapon X. I prefer to see Wolverine in costume, preferably the brown one.

Canale is already doing Constantine. I guess Bel would likely be on this one.

BTW, Bel had done one for XM back in 2019.
That's correct, but it was actually a year earlier. Went up for PO in 2017 and shipped in early 2018. It would be great to see him get a chance to improve upon the body sculpt from that one, so I do hope it's him.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:37 PM   #24
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sideshow had to get on the Weapon X train. I?m not shocked by this.
I hope the rest looks good as the hand pose doesn?t bother me.
Not shocked either, everybody else has their entry, it was sideshow’s turn.

If I’m going to get another Wolverine it needs to be X-Force. Since we get him yearly to semi yearly I need them to fit that in.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:39 PM   #25
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

ugh!!!!

so disappointed.

oh well. it is what it is.

Congrats to those who need yet another Wolverine in their collection.

I'm sure it will be awesome.

Metal claws right..? LOL!

Congrats to you all.

For me.....Dazzler will be the only pick up from these 12 days. If the fastball special was a brown Wolverine, I would have seriously considered it. Maybe when I see more pics down the road......we'll see.

Glad that SS went in different directions for quite a few pieces and stayed with revealing statues. Very cool and very successful all around on that front.

I just wish that they could have ended on a stronger note with giving a character not yet done before.

But in the end I get it.

bread and butter.

Lights gotta stay on.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:45 PM   #26
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
ugh!!!!

so disappointed.

oh well. it is what it is.

Congrats to those who need yet another Wolverine in their collection.

I'm sure it will be awesome.

Metal claws right..? LOL!

Congrats to you all.

For me.....Dazzler will be the only pick up from these 12 days. If the fastball special was a brown Wolverine, I would have seriously considered it. Maybe when I see more pics down the road......we'll see.

Glad that SS went in different directions for quite a few pieces and stayed with revealing statues. Very cool and very successful all around on that front.

I just wish that they could have ended on a stronger note with giving a character not yet done before.

But in the end I get it.

bread and butter.

Lights gotta stay on.
Yeah for sure. Had they not just announced the Fastball Wolverine only a few days ago this likely would be getting more positive attention. It'll probably still look great.

Dazzler is an instant PO for me too. Possibly Mystique. We'll see. Overall we got some decent reveals this year.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:48 PM   #27
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Disappointing. Was really hoping for a DC day and thought we were done with Marvel. How many versions of Wolverine/Logan do they think we need?
Will probably get another X-Force wolverine within the next 1-2 years I bet. Keep in mind when we saw the Samurai version alot of people were asking why they didn't do Weapon X, so here he is. He sells, but I get as seasoned collectors its boring.

We got Dazzler this event so that's an overall win, unsure if I will PO but for undone characters that's huge.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:51 PM   #28
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
That's correct, but it was actually a year earlier. Went up for PO in 2017 and shipped in early 2018. It would be great to see him get a chance to improve upon the body sculpt from that one, so I do hope it's him.
So it is overdue then. I believe this is the first Weapon X statue produced by SSC.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:56 PM   #29
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Will probably get another X-Force wolverine within the next 1-2 years I bet. Keep in mind when we saw the Samurai version alot of people were asking why they didn't do Weapon X, so here he is. He sells, but I get as seasoned collectors its boring.

We got Dazzler this event so that's an overall win, unsure if I will PO but for undone characters that's huge.
I wouldn't say boring. Its just that its Marvel heavy so I had it in my head we were done with Marvel for this event and that opened up other possibilities.

I mean, sure, I can see why they would want to do a Weapon X version, but they are so late to the market with it that I am not sure how many are really looking for it. Its kind of a head scratcher.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:08 PM   #30
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I wouldn't say boring. Its just that its Marvel heavy so I had it in my head we were done with Marvel for this event and that opened up other possibilities.

I mean, sure, I can see why they would want to do a Weapon X version, but they are so late to the market with it that I am not sure how many are really looking for it. Its kind of a head scratcher.
Weapon X is always interesting for me. The XM and customs are eh. XM is good but more $/space than I want.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote