Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #241
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I really don't understand the BvS comparison comments. This trailer had more colour, humour and straightforward character interaction, (IE no existential soliloquies), than BvS had in its entire runtime - or marketing for that matter.

I thought on the whole the trailer accomplished what it set out to do; establish that the film will be high octane and lighter than its predecessors.

I am not convinced that the film will be stellar in any regards, as I had issues with all three DCEU films to date. That said I do find criticisms of JL being too dark, gritty and self serious to be truly disingenuous.
don't see it either but I've given up defending it as most seem to have made their mind up about the film already.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #242
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I hope it does very well.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #243
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Wow...I'm sorry to hear that so many don't like what they saw. I thought it looked GREAT! Was it perfect?

No. HOWEVER...It was still very cool! I like Momoa a lot! He looks nothing like Aquaman, but I still liked his moments on screen in this trailer. It appears they're having Aquaman take the Hal Jordan competition angle with the Bat since Hal doesn't appear to be in this movie. Ezra looks nothing like Barry Allen either. But, the Flash effects looked awesome! I agree that Cyborg's CGI looks unfinished. Hopefully it will improve before the release date. And, finally, the color pallet is far too gray scale and muted. It does need to be MUCH BRIGHTER! With all that said however...I'm super excited to see this movie!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #244
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'm looking forward to see it too.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #245
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I still feel a reboot is coming after what I saw in that trailer. It's not the cast for the most part. It's just the whole feel. It's almost like this is the New 52 version and we'll have to go back or they will have to create something more classic for the reboot.

I assume the non financial reception of Wonder Woman and Justice League will determine the fate of The Batman and what happens next.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #246
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I still feel a reboot is coming after what I saw in that trailer. It's not the cast for the most part. It's just the whole feel. It's almost like this is the New 52 version and we'll have to go back or they will have to create something more classic for the reboot.

I assume the non financial reception of Wonder Woman and Justice League will determine the fate of The Batman and what happens next.
Everything post WW & JL / 2017 will be a SOFT reboot IMHO. That has been in the cards since Johns and Berg took the helm of the DCEU. The reality is that WB is too smart to throw out the baby with the bath water and replace the likes of Margot Robbie, Will Smith and Henry Cavill when it is not entirely necessary.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 03-26-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:44 AM   #247
SuperJ300
Zot

As usual great trailer.

From Snyders record, the best bits we have seen is in the trailer. The rest is usually boring.

Dark or funny, I don't care as long as the story is told well.

BVS was a mess.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #248
Vracula
Jedi Order

Saw the Trailer .The problem is that Hollywood has used and abused Snyders slow mo sepia tone fight scene style , so it just seems dated now AND he cant do comedy ,I am preety sure the studios are pressuring him to lighten up but it just falls flat.

I am not as hyped as I should to be honest ,I was at first and then I saw the trailer a couple more times and thought it's time for Snyder to go.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:36 AM   #249
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Wow...I'm sorry to hear that so many don't like what they saw. I thought it looked GREAT! Was it perfect?

No. HOWEVER...It was still very cool! I like Momoa a lot! He looks nothing like Aquaman, but I still liked his moments on screen in this trailer. It appears they're having Aquaman take the Hal Jordan competition angle with the Bat since Hal doesn't appear to be in this movie. Ezra looks nothing like Barry Allen either. But, the Flash effects looked awesome! I agree that Cyborg's CGI looks unfinished. Hopefully it will improve before the release date. And, finally, the color pallet is far too gray scale and muted. It does need to be MUCH BRIGHTER! With all that said however...I'm super excited to see this movie!!!
The color Palette is all Snyder. It's his signature. It's cloudy day even when the sun is shinning in his movies.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #250
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Unsubscribing. Such negativity to ruin this film all from a trailer. Such impatience to trash, has no one learned by now to wait for the film in its entirety? If MoS, BvS or any other Snyder or DC film wasnt for you, why expect anything different here?

I wonder if all the critics have film experience or plan on entering the industry to "make it great again".
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote