Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #41
Jokerbone
Justice League

Koto pieces take awhile to sell out, but when they do, the aftermarket prices are usually significantly higher. Not all pieces, but most of them do. A few of the misses probably include the Daredevil, some X-Force pieces, and the Hulk.

I think this will be one of those that will increase in price though just like the Venom. Fortunately, everyone who wants one will have a shot at it.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #42
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think the paint application will be the determining factor for most in deciding whether or not to buy this; it will be for me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
There are a lot of other poses I believe that can be done with Thanos. The BD Thanos poses all though simple, look imposing. This pose looks like he's striking a pose right after completing his dance routine. Not sure something feels a bit off. Maybe it's that slight lean that he has which makes it look that way.
To me this pose is of him gloating once victory is within his grasp; which is usually when his pride/ego gets in the way and causes him to lose. As the saying goes: "Pride comes before the fall."
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #43
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I don't know how to put it, but what you said is as close as it gets. That slight lean of the upper body reminds me of John Cena showing off and trying to look cool. Not the best pose for Thanos. I'd still PO, but I think the smiling portrait will fit the pose better.
Cena...good god. i'm trying to find positives in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbone View Post
Koto pieces take awhile to sell out, but when they do, the aftermarket prices are usually significantly higher. Not all pieces, but most of them do. A few of the misses probably include the Daredevil, some X-Force pieces, and the Hulk.

I think this will be one of those that will increase in price though just like the Venom. Fortunately, everyone who wants one will have a shot at it.
Agreed. Usually takes about a year, then a sudden demand arises. Don't forget Classic Ironman.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:05 AM   #44
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Cena...good god. i'm trying to find positives in this.
Well the body sculpt, to me, looks perfect. Just the right bulk for Thanos. A lot of people prefer the classic look but that's already been done thrice by Bowen Designs so if I were Koto I wouldn't make another classic costume Thanos either. The modern look for him is a breath of fresh air. The pose for me, isn't that bad but it isn't great either.

The base is a little too low but I guess Erick is just accounting for the overall height of the statue since Thanos is taller than Thor and he's standing upright unlike Juggernaut and Hulk. Other than that, I'm okay with it looking like BD's Thanos on skulls.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:08 AM   #45
masterlei13
Birdman

this is perfect in every aspect! fantastic statue.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:26 AM   #46
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Well the body sculpt, to me, looks perfect. Just the right bulk for Thanos. A lot of people prefer the classic look but that's already been done thrice by Bowen Designs so if I were Koto I wouldn't make another classic costume Thanos either. The modern look for him is a breath of fresh air. The pose for me, isn't that bad but it isn't great either.

The base is a little too low but I guess Erick is just accounting for the overall height of the statue since Thanos is taller than Thor and he's standing upright unlike Juggernaut and Hulk. Other than that, I'm okay with it looking like BD's Thanos on skulls.

Only nitpick I have is the height of the base, I want it to be a little higher. I want a statue of a "God" to tower over the others since the base seems to be too flattened. Still a sure purchase for me though
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:08 AM   #47
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

Shot in the dark....15-16"?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:53 AM   #48
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Shot in the dark....15-16"?
More like 13-14 inches plus the height of the base. If Thanos is 6 ft 7 in = 79 in / 6 = 13.1666. The base looks like an inch and a half at most so I guess statue plus the base should be around 14.5 inches.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #49
gomur
The Tick

Very crude comparison below. At 15" (base included) Thanos is reaching Hulk territory. At 16"? Fuhgetaboutit!

I'd go with 14.5" - which is the same number Cranky figured. Seriously, I got my number independently.

But I suspect we won't know the exact measurement until the factory makes em. Even Koto's projections don't always turn out the same.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #50
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Very crude comparison below. At 15" (base included) Thanos is reaching Hulk territory. At 16"? Fuhgetaboutit!

I'd go with 14.5" - which is the same number Cranky figured. Seriously, I got my number independently.

But I suspect we won't know the exact measurement until the factory makes em. Even Koto's projections don't always turn out the same.

13" tall

So I made a mistake in my earlier post, I must've gotten Chris Hemsworth's height (6'3") lol. Thor is supposed to be 6'6" and Thanos is 6'7". So Thanos will at least be eye level with Thor or maybe a bit taller which is in scale.
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote