Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Which creature poses the biggest danger?
Aliens 3 11.54%
Predators 9 34.62%
Bugs (as appearing in the Starship Troopers-movies) 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

One other thing I forgot to mention. With Aliens every time they take out one of us they add one of them (provided its not just a straight up kill but an implantation). So as our numbers diminish their numbers grow stronger.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #12
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Good question

I would definitely say we would have the best chance against the Aliens . . . . followed by the Predators. I think the SST Bugs would be the most devastating.

The Aliens are basically a parasite. A highly evolved and extremely deadly parasite, but they really have no means of travelling throughout space other than by latching onto another organism. And they may be fast, but they're not immune to a good old shotgun blast to the head and besides. We could always just "take off and nuke the entire site from orbit . . . it's the only way to be sure"

The Predators may be technologically advanced, and they may be great hunters, but that doesn't make them great soldiers. Too proud and bound by honor. They would likely send a small band of warriors to take on a much larger force (as some right of passage). Then we just hammer them with everything we've got. Who said it has to be a fair fight anyway.

The bugs though would decimate us. For a start, they can hurl meteors through space (they took out a pop. of 10 million with one meteor). Once they reigned down meteor storms all over us, they use the same meteors to deliver swarms of soldier bugs and tankers. As someone already said, no fear, no honor, just a mass of thrashing limbs ready to disembowel anything that moves.

For that matter, the bugs could wipe out the Aliens and Predators as well. No contest.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #13
Movieman
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The most dangerous thing any extraterrestrial/alien race could use against us is their intelligence. That means of this list the Aliens would probably be the least threatening. The Starship Troopers bugs at least have the Brain Bugs in charge calling the shots. Of the three I would say the Predators with their level of intelligence combined with their advanced weaponry and the fact that they are physically superior to us would be the biggest threat.
Movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Good question

I would definitely say we would have the best chance against the Aliens . . . . followed by the Predators. I think the SST Bugs would be the most devastating.

The Aliens are basically a parasite. A highly evolved and extremely deadly parasite, but they really have no means of travelling throughout space other than by latching onto another organism. And they may be fast, but they're not immune to a good old shotgun blast to the head and besides. We could always just "take off and nuke the entire site from orbit . . . it's the only way to be sure"

The Predators may be technologically advanced, and they may be great hunters, but that doesn't make them great soldiers. Too proud and bound by honor. They would likely send a small band of warriors to take on a much larger force (as some right of passage). Then we just hammer them with everything we've got. Who said it has to be a fair fight anyway.

The bugs though would decimate us. For a start, they can hurl meteors through space (they took out a pop. of 10 million with one meteor). Once they reigned down meteor storms all over us, they use the same meteors to deliver swarms of soldier bugs and tankers. As someone already said, no fear, no honor, just a mass of thrashing limbs ready to disembowel anything that moves.

For that matter, the bugs could wipe out the Aliens and Predators as well. No contest.
.....this post influenced my vote. But a tough question, we'd be scewed against any of the 3 really.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote