Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #151
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Seriously, who'd want that irritating kid on display in their house.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #152
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I have a feeling the low ES is more a reflection of their confidence, or lack thereof in this release.
I think so too, but lets be real, this line is not doing so well in the popular category. Fett's concept and unveiling came out guns blazing and then fizzed out big time. Its like people realized he really didn't look good afterall...even after he was painted. And what's with Vader's lenses? They look so weird in nearly every shot. Like flat with no bubble. His helmet looks like its sitting way too high above his brow. This whole license requires a lot of improvement. I don't like a single unveiling from their Star Wars stuff. Predator's on point though.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #153
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I think so too, but lets be real, this line is not doing so well in the popular category. Fett's concept and unveiling came out guns blazing and then fizzed out big time. Its like people realized he really didn't look good afterall...even after he was painted. And what's with Vader's lenses? They look so weird in nearly every shot. Like flat with no bubble. His helmet looks like its sitting way too high above his brow. This whole license requires a lot of improvement. I don't like a single unveiling from their Star Wars stuff. Predator's on point though.
You got it right there. Such a tizzy to get XM pieces that no one has time to think things through.
But we're learning...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #154
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think Luke and Maul are amazing and Fett is very good. To each their own I guess. Getting all 3.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #155
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I make a conscientious effort to convince my brain these characters have nothing to do with each other. This set is the exact opposite of everything I want in a Star Wars piece. I would rather have three f***ing Gungans gangbanging a baby Bantha than this.

Vader standalone looks good.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #156
slynger
Hellboy

I agree that this Vader looks seriously off. His helmet looks all sort of jacked up and you can't present that to SW collectors, as they are known for being sticklers for detail.

Personally, I like the fact they did something different with Fett and think he turned out great. Not a fan of the pistol style blasters, but that's just a swap out item I won't use. We've never had a 1/4 scale statue where he's utilizing his jetpack. Different strokes.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #157
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I make a conscientious effort to convince my brain these characters have nothing to do with each other. This set is the exact opposite of everything I want in a Star Wars piece. I would rather have three f***ing Gungans gangbanging a baby Bantha than this.
I'm freaking dying!!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #158
ambasah
Red Skull

I agree vader is off. especially those lenses.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #159
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It's almost as if Vader was untouched, but both version of Anakin were modified for the better.

My guess is that Lucas films will have them tweak Vader's design. Right now I can't tell if this is supposed to be ANH version or ESB version. I'd prefer ESB, but that's just me and that seems to be what XM is going for....

-- the lenses need to be reshaped and a different color

-- the stupid chain holding his cloak needs to be hidden. It was visible early on in ANH, then it gets covered by the neck piece from then on out. So it needs to be covered if we are going ESB.

-- his belt "buckle" needs to have a more defined black around the silver. It may have it and I can't tell given the low light, but again this is ESB vs ANH styling.

-- helmet needs to sit lower on his head, which in turn may make it need to flair out less.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #160
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Update

For Vader's Helmet which some have feedback the gap between the helmet and eyes are too far apart, we have looked into it and will be making sure the factory production will fix this error. Thank you for pointing our flaws to us!"

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote