Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok5 View Post
batfan:
joker is reinterpretation of marshall rogers laughing fish storyline from cover of greatest joker stories tp, i think

two-face is reinterpretation of tim sale two-face with mona lisa two-faced

penguin is original concept by the artist

poison ivy and batman in loin cloth is reinterpretation of card from batman masterpiece series and collected book of the same name

catwoman / eartha kitt is painting based on old publicity photos from 1967 -- that's my deceased cat, relapse, on her lap. new cat in household is black and slinky, hence named eartha kitten. after all, eartha kitt was the best catwoman!

batman and poison ivy (clooney, thurman) is painting of movie scene

tut is painting of an old publicity photo

catwoman on chrysler building is based on old jim balent artwork

batgirl is reinterpretation of back cover of old elseworlds comic

the stained glass is the size of a good size house window and hangs in front of windows on chains

next to come:
tut stained glass will be here by end of july

egghead painting in the works

norm breyfogle is doing me a clayface painting -- slow as death, but i'm sure it will be worth the wait. i feel he's one of the greatest batman artists out there.

thanks for the comments. bruce

sorry I didnt mean my post to come off as a question it was a statment, I knew what the art pieces were based on already after all I am "The Batfan" LOL

Those stained glass pieces are very nice you have to be getting a hell of a friend discount as those size pieces would be quite expensive.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
havok5
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Member

i've been friends with both guys for near 20 years. and i do think that they're giving me a break on cost -- most expensive stained glass so far was freeze (5000). most expensive painting was tut (3500). wait until you see the stained glass tut which should be here in july. bruce
havok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok5 View Post
i've been friends with both guys for near 20 years. and i do think that they're giving me a break on cost -- most expensive stained glass so far was freeze (5000). most expensive painting was tut (3500). wait until you see the stained glass tut which should be here in july. bruce
US DOLLARS????? dunno maybe its me but why would you put that kind of money into those kinds of pieces when you could buy original comic covers or original pieces by well known artists for that kind of money. That would go up in value or hold their value. I am usually the first person to say collect for the joy of collecting but to pay 5,000 for a stained glass window of arnold as mr.freeze from one of the most hated worse merchandised films Batman films. Also all of this art is just re-drawings of art that was out there already drawn by someone else. Sorry to be so harsh but YIKESS I was thinking the prices might have been a couple hundreds bucks each.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
havok5
Adamantium Member

i do it because it's a passion and it supports friends. i personally liked freeze and poison ivy -- not so much clooney or silverstone. (and a few years ago, a warner bros. executive contacted me about my collection -- which was a few pieces less then than it is now -- and made me a pretty obscene offer for the lot. i turned him down, as i'm not collecting to sell). things will be left to my oldest son, who at 21 is as big a fan as i am.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
risingstar
Jedi Order

Follow your passions, Havok.
Ultimately, if its worth it to you, that's all that ultimately matters.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #16
havok5
Adamantium Member

updated with king tut stained glass
Old 12-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
bocaratondefens
Frackin!

That is great. Love the stained glass pieces.
bocaratondefens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Follow your passions, Havok.
Ultimately, if its worth it to you, that's all that ultimately matters.
I completely agree. And now that I have a son I say so even more as he is passionate about the stuff I (now we) collect.

Bruce - I would love to see some pics of your cllection my friend. You buy so many custom kits ... I imagine your setup is worthy of charging admission

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #19
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

wow that is just once nice as hell colleciton man. the paintings are well done. Those stained glass pieces though are just insane!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #20
havok5
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I completely agree. And now that I have a son I say so even more as he is passionate about the stuff I (now we) collect.

Bruce - I would love to see some pics of your cllection my friend. You buy so many custom kits ... I imagine your setup is worthy of charging admission
i'm in the process of putting all of my statues, models, busts, etc. into display cabinets. if all goes, well i'm adding 3900 square feet onto my already-4500 square foot house. i'll do some photos then. bruce