Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #471
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You've been lucky then...
I am not buying this mindset at all. If people were regularly unhappy with their Sideshow purchases, Sideshow would never have gone on to become the industry leader and they would not have seen the significant increase in business we have seen over the last few years. And people would most certainly NOT continue to buy Sideshow statues at these much higher prices if they were unhappy with their Sideshow purchases. There is no denying that Sideshow has had some quality control problems over the years and have even released a few disappointing statues here and there, but overall most people had to have been satisfied with their purchases for Sideshow to get to where they are now.

Not to mention, the last couple years running there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of complaints on Statue Forum, which given only represents a small fraction of the overall market, but its a large enough sample size to be able to make some accurate predictions for the overall market from the responces you see for each release. The fact that people are still willing to buy Sideshow statues, and in greater numbers than ever before, even in light of the roughly 30-40%+ increase we have seen in prices is HUGELY telling in regards to the satisfaction level of most Sideshow customers.

I could just as easily say, you've just been unlucky and based on how successful Sideshow has been, especially these last few years, that comment holds up to scrutiny MUCH more so than the "you've just been lucky" statement.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #472
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Oh Lord, are we back here....AGAIN?

Look, surely the answer is simple. If you want the piece, buy it. If you don't trust Sideshow, but want the piece, just wait for in hand photos. If you don't want the piece, or the price is too high, or you hate Sideshow - don't buy it and move on.

Next.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #473
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Look, surely the answer is simple. If you want the piece, buy it. If you don't trust Sideshow, but want the piece, just wait for in hand photos. If you don't want the piece, or the price is too high, or you hate Sideshow - don't buy it and move on.

Next.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #474
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Going to be your loss. In the years I’ve been collecting they have pooched a few releases (Alien/Predator with regularity), but nail it most of the time. I’ve only ever had to destroy one piece and send one piece back. Most everything else was perfect or rectified. And I’ve bought a lot of merch from them.

Can’t wait to order this.
I can change my mind again. If I did not make it, I would not be a real collector.
Having read the topic on this bust, I read that one dedicated to Iron Man Maquette, and, having seen the darkness with the Predator, oh boy, suddenly I saw the Light, something like the glorious celestial light haloing the ceiling of the sistine chapel .
This bad Predator was about to kill pre-orders at Sideshow, but the rustproof Iron Man appears, and now coming from all directions, north, south, west, east, this simple word resounds «-ordered !-»
And here I am, taken by this maelstrom of excitement, passion, generosity, and I had to make something, too. And I did it !: «- Ordered!-» Not for this guy dressed like a bright can ( no offense ), but for Lady Deadpool ( and thanks for the conversion rate euro-dollar)
As I said, I’ll wait for Aspen, but for Spider Gwen... Why not... If nobody turns the light off....
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #475
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Next.
I am sure that you live in a world enlighted by your only wisdom, without any doubts nor boring questions on anything. It is not my case, and if I have doubts about this hobby, new for me, which is best to speak about it, StatueForum, or, I don’t know, the mailman maybe? Or my dog?
So, thank you for your - as far as I’m concerned- completly useless speach, (and I’m not speaking for other people) but I’m old enough to be familiar with the concept «- leave it or take it-».

Last edited by French Cancan; 10-13-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: wrong word
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #476
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I've been called an idiot on the forums for expecting a Sideshow piece to look as nice as what they showed at con. So now because I guess I'm an idiot I try to view their prototypes through "reality glasses". But then this ends up making the same people upset as well... go figure lol.

I like this piece but I feel like there are more things that could go wrong with it than with other releases. Hope its awesome for you guys. If it comes out nice, I may pick it up later.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #477
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I am sure that you live in a world enlighted by your only wisdom, without any doubts nor boring questions on anything. It is not my case, and if I have doubts about this hobby, new for me, which is best to speak about it, StatueForum, or, I don’t know, the mailman maybe? Or my dog?
So, thank you for your - as far as I’m concerned- completly useless speach, (and I’m not speaking for other people) but I’m old enough to be familiar with the concept «- leave it or take it-».
The debate you're trying to initiate has been done, in one form or another, in just about every Sideshow thread!

You should be mature enough to realise that airing your uncertainties on this forum won't achieve anything other than to start a conflict of ideas. In fact, that had already begun with the "You've been really lucky" vs "You've been really unlucky" debate!

Let's put it like this - there's nothing anyone can tell you here, that would remove your doubts. Likewise, you will not get any cast iron guarantees from Sideshow - so, what are your options?

While you were probably getting ready for 10 pages of back and forth, focused on your (1st world) insecurities - I summed up the whole debate and it's conclusion in one post.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #478
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Simply put, most people do not form concrete beliefs until they have a personal experience. If Sideshow has screwed you over personally, you probably dont want much to do with them anymore. If your only reading how others got screwed, you might think things are being blown out of proportion. Long story short, dont discount anyone's personal experiences, but dont discount your own either. Most problems that occur in this hobby stem from bad luck. The rest are bad business decisions.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #479
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Aspen artprint is up
http://bit.do/Aspenart
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #480
adee
Green Arrow

I'm not sure why but the print just doesn't do it for me.

I think she has a pretty face, it just doesn't look like Aspen to me.

I like the statues portrait much more.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote