Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Weapon X Helmet Color
Change the color to a Metal color (Traditional Color for Helmet in Comics) 42 66.67%
Leave it as is, Dark Green (Military Green) 21 33.33%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #41
Hutch0o
Birdman

I am all for comic accuracy but military green helmet isn't a make or break for me. It actually works well and is a little more realistic and modern looking. I think XM have got the right idea. If they change it to gun metal I will be equally happy but then they would have to change the base to military green to create the contrast.
I think the water on the skin is what I'm more looking forward to see on the final product. If XM thinks its not going to age well with the water effect then I'd rather it be dry and see more of the detail in the body sculpt.
Either way I'm happy with hence why I PO'd.
They can't keep everyone happy but I sure will be
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #42
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not a fan of the green helmet but I can live with it. Sometimes XM's choice of colors leaves me scratching my head.

Their best sculpt to date (Darkness) was almost ruined for me by the choice of colors. What should bave been a turquoise/light green suit with bright golds was delivered as a blackwashed dark green. If that's artistic interpretation, no thanks.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #43
Hutch0o
Birdman

I think my biggest problem with the Military green is that it fades away too much. The military use that colour because it fades into darkness and can be used as camouflage.
I think camouflage for a secret laboratory experiment is random. If they were expecting him to be out in the forest/jungle to fight then it makes sense. If they decide to use gun metal it would create a nicer contrast between his hair/skin and the computers in the background.
PO is on the 6th of December so I doubt XM will listen to us between now and then anyway.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #44
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
Not a fan of the green helmet but I can live with it. Sometimes XM's choice of colors leaves me scratching my head.

Their best sculpt to date (Darkness) was almost ruined for me by the choice of colors. What should bave been a turquoise/light green suit with bright golds was delivered as a blackwashed dark green. If that's artistic interpretation, no thanks.

The color of the suit was perfect for Darkness...the thing that could have been painted a little darker was the snakes. The suit is absolute perfection IMHO.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #45
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
I think my biggest problem with the Military green is that it fades away too much. The military use that colour because it fades into darkness and can be used as camouflage.
I think camouflage for a secret laboratory experiment is random. If they were expecting him to be out in the forest/jungle to fight then it makes sense. If they decide to use gun metal it would create a nicer contrast between his hair/skin and the computers in the background.
PO is on the 6th of December so I doubt XM will listen to us between now and then anyway.
word.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #46
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I care , just want to get it in hand!!
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #47
travis
A.I.M.

I was gonna vote...but they didn't have a "I don't give a F" slot...I'm out
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #48
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
This is some solid, sound logic.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote