Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Weapon X Helmet Color
Change the color to a Metal color (Traditional Color for Helmet in Comics) 42 66.67%
Leave it as is, Dark Green (Military Green) 21 33.33%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #11
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
This reminds me of when people were complaining about Batman's lip color, many of who likely didn't even purchase the statue.
Exactly, I complained about it.
and I bought it...and still complain about it because it's poorly painted compared to the rest of the statue.

So what's your point with your comment? People are right to ask minimum accuracy when it comes to these price.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #12
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Gun metal with wear on edges.

It won't look like there's too much silver grey colours. It'll look just right. How it should be.
Agree!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #13
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
and I bought it...and still complain about it because it's poorly painted compared to the rest of the statue.

So what's your point with your comment? People are right to ask minimum accuracy when it comes to these price.
don't you know you're not supposed to complain about anything XM?? it's not allowed, so please improve your attitude
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #14
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post

But accuracy as compared to what? Just as XM has done for every single one of their pieces, they took artistic liberties and changed things the way they likely want it to look.

In this case, what accuracy are we referring to? This isn't supposed to be any specific representation of Weapon X, this is simply XM's representation of Weapon X.

The way I see it is that it's not titled "XM Studios presents Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X". It's just Weapon X.

Maybe the Batman comparison didn't work here because people simply didn't like the way it was painted. But to argue that the helmet is not accurate to the other hundred times his Weapon X helmet was portrayed is kind of needless.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #15
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
don't you know you're not supposed to complain about anything XM?? it's not allowed, so please improve your attitude
Complain all you want! I complain about them all the time.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #16
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

This is a tricky one as I know a lot of people wanted it to be silver/gunmetal. I didn't like the green colour from the teaser pic they posted, but immediately liked it more once I saw it in person. Then over the course of the weekend it grew on me a LOT. I ended up really loving the green colour. I spoke to Seng about it, and the helmet can't be gunmetal because it would blend too much with the colour of the base. I pretty much agree with that. I suggested a lighter silver but he felt that the military green was more realistic.

Originally I had wanted it to be silver like the renders, but after seeing the piece in person the renders look bland to me now compared to how much the piece popped in person with the gunmetal base and green helmet and packs around his waist. I don't think they can please everyone either way, but I personally want them to keep the green helmet.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I will get him and i donĀ“t worry about the color. Both are ok for me.
Same
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #18
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
This is a tricky one as I know a lot of people wanted it to be silver/gunmetal. I didn't like the green colour from the teaser pic they posted, but immediately liked it more once I saw it in person. Then over the course of the weekend it grew on me a LOT. I ended up really loving the green colour. I spoke to Seng about it, and the helmet can't be gunmetal because it would blend too much with the colour of the base. I pretty much agree with that. I suggested a lighter silver but he felt that the military green was more realistic.

Originally I had wanted it to be silver like the renders, but after seeing the piece in person the renders look bland to me now compared to how much the piece popped in person with the gunmetal base and green helmet and packs around his waist. I don't think they can please everyone either way, but I personally want them to keep the green helmet.
This is exactly what I mean by trusting XM on this. We are all seeing it in photos of the actual peice vs. digital. Lighting effects on digital renders are hard to nail just rightand can make things look different to real world examples.

So XM would have tried a silver helmet on the actual statue, then decided upon seeing the whole thing finished that it didn't look quite right so came up with other options. In their eye green being the best alternative.

I trust their eye based on the effort these guys put in to all their pieces. If they think green balances it out, leave it green.

If it gets changed on our view of a digital image vs. their in hand judgment, I'd be disappointed.

Maybe XM could show us a photo of both versions and then let us vote? Be a pretty unique thing...
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #19
aa909
The Green Hornet

The army green will be fine, but we're talking about preference right? I think a metal color would look better, I like the way it looks in the render better than the green shown on the statue.

I'm Still getting this either way, but are the guys here who are saying XM should keep the green helmet actually like it better than the version shown in the render? be honest, you guys are just being good ol fanboys, right?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #20
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'll preface this by saying I will not be getting this statue, but I always prefer comic accuracy over everything else (cartoons, made up costumes) so I voted for a change to a metal color.

I've never seen any pics of his helmet being army green.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote