Batman

snorks gettin some love
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:44 AM   #33
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Where is my snake eyes PF?SS.Ridiculous.
THIS
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #34
lingstar1
Fantastic Four

Josie and the Pussycats diorama. In catsuits and with instruments.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a decade off. I know.
lingstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #35
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Scooby and company never gets mentioned.

RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #36
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I badly want a 24" G1 Optimus Prime statue with his trailer as the Ex!!! Please make it so!!!
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #37
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

When I thought about the potential line, I came to the conclusion that many of the team cartoons would be better as figures not statues. Unless they are iconic like the turtles. Also let's face it, He-Man from PCS is proving to sell. The Thundercats line from PCS didn't sell that well and it was modernized. I don't see Sideshow trying Thundercats and making cartoon versions. They seem to like to put their spin on things. And if Thundercats didn't go well you know Silverhawks would be even worse. So what else could Sideshow have in mind?

Shows like Voltron, Galaxy Rangers, and others have groups with similar costumes. If you make one costume you basically have the others with slight length alterations and details. It would be easier as figures. But remember Sideshow made a Baroness 1/6 figure with I believe a new body yet couldn't release Scarlett. We still don't why but Scarlett should have been easy to make and a top seller. I don't see people paying close to $200 for Voltron, Galaxy Rangers, Bionic Six, Gatchaman, or other similar team figures. Saber Rider would be awesome but that's a little known show I think. I would like to see all these myself but I only see them happening as PVC statues from Japanese companies. A show like Jem, I don't think Sideshow has ever made a character almost primarily for a female audience.

Also these shows with transforming elements, does any one really want a non transforming Voltron and random beast? Same goes for MASK or Robotech, non transforming cars or a veritech and a battle pod or Zentradi? And there are tons of options for Transformers out. I just think static versions of transforming toys just wouldn't be that popular. But I don't know how well those statues of the new Transformers are selling.

I think Sideshow will choose Dungeons and Dragons or something more classic like a Space Ghost or maybe Jonny Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
I'll post some other favs besides the obvious ones:

Captain Power would be awesome but it wasn't a cartoon. At least the main show wasn't. They did have those interactive tapes which I still own. I got the soundtrack and a signed poster a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Am I the only one that remembers Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers?

Freaking loved that cartoon as a kid, watched it every Saturday morning.

It had one of the catchiest theme songs too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFXTa2yeYWs
I think Electric Tiki made a Rescue Rangers statue.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #38
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Captain Power would be awesome but it wasn't a cartoon. At least the main show wasn't. They did have those interactive tapes which I still own. I got the soundtrack and a signed poster a while back.
true, threw it in just because. Yeah I have fond memories of the toy light gun ship.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #39
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It would be awesome if Sideshow could just make Captain Power as a statue. But then they haven't been great on the metal finish with a lot of Iron Man statues. So I would go with Hot Toys for that. And Hot Toys would probably find a way to make the whole team. But still at $200 per figure, it won't be a top seller.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #40
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
When I thought about the potential line, I came to the conclusion that many of the team cartoons would be better as figures not statues. Unless they are iconic like the turtles. Also let's face it, He-Man from PCS is proving to sell. The Thundercats line from PCS didn't sell that well and it was modernized. I don't see Sideshow trying Thundercats and making cartoon versions. They seem to like to put their spin on things. And if Thundercats didn't go well you know Silverhawks would be even worse. So what else could Sideshow have in mind?

Shows like Voltron, Galaxy Rangers, and others have groups with similar costumes. If you make one costume you basically have the others with slight length alterations and details. It would be easier as figures. But remember Sideshow made a Baroness 1/6 figure with I believe a new body yet couldn't release Scarlett. We still don't why but Scarlett should have been easy to make and a top seller. I don't see people paying close to $200 for Voltron, Galaxy Rangers, Bionic Six, Gatchaman, or other similar team figures. Saber Rider would be awesome but that's a little known show I think. I would like to see all these myself but I only see them happening as PVC statues from Japanese companies. A show like Jem, I don't think Sideshow has ever made a character almost primarily for a female audience.

Also these shows with transforming elements, does any one really want a non transforming Voltron and random beast? Same goes for MASK or Robotech, non transforming cars or a veritech and a battle pod or Zentradi? And there are tons of options for Transformers out. I just think static versions of transforming toys just wouldn't be that popular. But I don't know how well those statues of the new Transformers are selling.

I think Sideshow will choose Dungeons and Dragons or something more classic like a Space Ghost or maybe Jonny Quest.

I think Electric Tiki made a Rescue Rangers statue.

Absolutely, without a doubt, 100% factually yes! I have absolute zero doubt about that if done like I said. The reason being is most Transformers look coolest in their robot modes.

That is not to take away from their transformed modes, but Optimus? You are going to have a statue of him in truck mode???? Makes no sense Rep. Bumblebee in VW mode??? Uhhhh no!!!! A big fat no!!

Fact of the matter is, when people get the toys, sure they can pose them and transform them in and out of different modes, but the joints get loose and are prone to breakage. Most if not everyone has Transformers on their display in their robot modes. The only exceptions to this might be the Dinobots (look great in any mode and maybe the Predacons).

Many statue collectors don't want Toys...they want a static aesthetic and cool reminder of the characters they grew up loving as a kid.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote