Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #91
dechirico7
The Flash

Wow, Sideshow is really pissing me off now.
I just got an email from someone in their customer service saying I never returned an item. I went back, got the tracking numbers and they all say delivered to Sideshow. WTF?! Their systems seems to be a mess.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #92
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

So last week i went to cancel my batgirl pf abd they advised it had already shipped.

I tokd them that this is not possible since i got an email weeks ago saying my item was delayed but would be shipping in 3-5 weeks.....and it even said in the email i would get another email to let me know when they are charging.

I did not get the charge notice, checked in box, trash abd junk mail. The rep said she would speak with the tech guys to see if the emaik was sent.

Ofcourse a day later i recieve the statue, and then another day after that i get an email from the sideshow rep saying tech comfirmed that an email was sent to me.

Pure lies
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #93
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
So last week i went to cancel my batgirl pf abd they advised it had already shipped.

I tokd them that this is not possible since i got an email weeks ago saying my item was delayed but would be shipping in 3-5 weeks.....and it even said in the email i would get another email to let me know when they are charging.

I did not get the charge notice, checked in box, trash abd junk mail. The rep said she would speak with the tech guys to see if the emaik was sent.

Ofcourse a day later i recieve the statue, and then another day after that i get an email from the sideshow rep saying tech comfirmed that an email was sent to me.

Pure lies
I don't know what email you use but I can go to my sent folder and see what was sent to who and when.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #94
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Ok guys here's my video review of my new Thor Modern Age Exclusive Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles with leaning issues and solutions. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASJ...ature=youtu.be
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #95
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
What are you realistic suggestions for improving QC.
Check every piece before the product is sent to the customer.

If a customer returns a piece, do not just slap a QC sticker on it and send it out to another unsuspecting customer. Actually fix the problem or take it out of circulation.

Recent QC problems have caused me to put SS pieces into an "inhand purchase" only for now.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #96
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Check every piece before the product is sent to the customer.

If a customer returns a piece, do not just slap a QC sticker on it and send it out to another unsuspecting customer. Actually fix the problem or take it out of circulation.

Recent QC problems have caused me to put SS pieces into an "inhand purchase" only for now.
i have seen pictures of pieces that looked fine by me that the poster has said were defective. Who's standard is used?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #97
PermaGrin

Yea, well, I have seen pieces with those stickers that were clearly not even addressed. Plus, pictures often do not hold justice to inhand. If I was going off of how good a picture looked, I might as well just start digging into to prints and more posters.

The standard should be the initial standard from the initial inspection I speak of. If a primary is strict enough, then the returns (due to not liking, not breakage) should lessen.

Here is my last direct experience
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=376
Most of the that image is to just so that are the same one.
But in this example, when an "Alien" with a bubbly head and flaking clearcoat gets sent out...twice...then something clearly is not happening in the QC department.

I do understand that some are picky and whatnot, but sometimes standards need to be adhered to.

Heck, now that I recall, my regular StormShaow (statue) came with an EX part and 2 of the same hand.
Supposedly lots came like that. Pretty obvious nothing was checked before.

I main point is, inspect every one.

If it helps, I manage to get a perfect Sauron. Aside from paint app opinions, but nothing QC related.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #98
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
A REASONABLE standard.

At one end, that would exclude those excuses from Sideshow fanboys that defend anything. At the other end, it would exclude the perfectionists that demand (well) - perfection.

It would also exclude the poor QC that the Sideshow team have allowed on many pieces over recent years.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #99
PermaGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
A REASONABLE standard.
At least we can start simple. Make sure there are no dents or scratches or any other damage. Is it colored as it should be? Are all of the correct pieces accounted for? ...then a sticker.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #100
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

is the head rotatable,
Sideshow rep says it is, I asked them for some proof as everyone i asked on here and FB says theirs dont and they say their inhouse statue rotates 45 degrees as well
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote