Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-27-2022, 12:15 PM   #31
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
Don't play the game, but I hate the random assortment of color necks coming out of the red body. Just looks a little off-putting.
Yeah, thats her design, to represent each spectrum of the chromatic side of dragons, as she's their goddess. There is some inconsistency in the community on the white neck though. Some art has her with the same tan scales as the other on the white neck, some art has her all white on that head, differing in scales from the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
it's true.

.....but, if you want "consistent" 1/4 LotR then they're the only game in town. Everything else at 1/4 scale - upwards is vapourware and rainbow candy.....looking at you Infinity and Darkside.

WETA, apart from being 1/6 - in my opinion, are generally terribly painted. Although enough people rave about them, so maybe it's just me.....

So, while P1 are the bottom of the barrel (IMHO) - I can't fault anyone shopping there if it's the only (real) option.
Yeah, if Aragorn comes out as bad as we think, I'm going to just pay to have him repainted. I think the design and base are top notch, so it will suck repainting, but a worthy long term investment. Legolas so far seems to be a hit from the few that have received him. Sauron is a home run. But I agree with you on WETA. I dont understand the love. They have some great pieces, but more often than not, I'm not a huge fan.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:41 PM   #32
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ordered. Trying my best to cut down, but this has to be one of the most epic statues I've ever seen. Tiamat and King Ghidorah are my favorite dragons

I think PCS made all the right choices designing her. First, I'm glad they decided to use the portraits of the Chromatic DND Dragons for her heads, her tail has that massive stinger, and her wings are in full display. Its not just that, but I like their choices the for base and pose. Tiamat has massive presence on her own so nothing crazy is needed. The result is something intimidating but majestic at the same time.

I have Klauth and now I'm going to have to tell him I fell in love with his mom and asked her to move in with us

Really hoping the end result looks as good as this prototype. Absolutely love this one so far.

My only concern is that I think her best angle is going to take up a massive amount of real estate. Honestly have no idea what type of display I'll use but at least I have time to think about it. Well, that and its PCS. Never thought I'd spend so much money on one of their statues, but lately they look like they're stepping up their game.

komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:04 PM   #33
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
My only concern is that I think her best angle is going to take up a massive amount of real estate. Honestly have no idea what type of display I'll use but at least I have time to think about it.

Buy two: one to display and one to mount to the hood of your car

Seriously, congrats on taking the plunge!
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #34
komodo112

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
Buy two: one to display and one to mount to the hood of your car

Seriously, congrats on taking the plunge!
Haha! Thanks.

My buddy has a 2022 Hellcat Challenger. It'd make one hell of a hood ornament
Old 09-22-2022, 07:13 PM   #35
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

komodo112, great looking piece, I cant afford it, but wow what a dragon, I'm sure it will be epic in person
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:39 PM   #36
komodo112

First pictures of her on facebook.

She's a beautiful lady!
Old 03-01-2023, 09:50 PM   #37
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m not showing this to my husband. He has been into D&D since a kid, long before me, but I know enough to know this is his favorite “story”. I’m the statue collector, not him, but he might try to shoehorn this into the house somewhere if he sees it
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:51 PM   #38
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?m not showing this to my husband. He has been into D&D since a kid, long before me, but I know enough to know this is his favorite ?story?. I?m the statue collector, not him, but he might try to shoehorn this into the house somewhere if he sees it
LOL just show him the pic of the three huge boxes it comes in.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #39
komodo112

Mine won't arrive until April but I can already say she'll be one of, if not my favorite statue in the collection.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:24 PM   #40
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

I saw BBTS has the Deluxe/Collector one with LEDs in stock. I just went ahead and ordered the regular one with SC. Might still save a a few bucks.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote